Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Advanced Profile Control

• sdhiphop
  • sdhiphop
15 years 11 months ago #77590 by sdhiphop
Replied by sdhiphop on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
lenamtl wrote:

Hi,

I have found this alternative component.
I have not tested yet.

PROMA - Profile Manager
www.joomlashake.com

Regards,

Have you tested this yet? Does it work on CB 1.2RC3?

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • sdhiphop
  • sdhiphop
15 years 8 months ago #83861 by sdhiphop
Replied by sdhiphop on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
A word of advice. Do not try to buy PROMA.
You're gonna buy a product that doesn't work. Developers make lots of promises and do not reply to your email and they shut down the message board after everyone demanded a refund.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Mikko trying to make a quick buck. Just my 2 pennies. :(
  • MindArchr
  • MindArchr
15 years 8 months ago #84152 by MindArchr
Replied by MindArchr on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
The version for RC4 was supposed to be released before the beginning of the new year. Obviously it was not. Taking the forum down "for maintenance" is very unprofessional. I can't imagine a forum needing "maintenance" for almost 5+ days, considering the size of it. They should at least provide the customers with a website notice, e-mail, etc. stating why the latest version is delayed, etc. but to leave people without absolutely nothing is very annoying and again, unprofessional. Support has not responded to me since I contacted them 2 days ago. Originally, I had no problems with this component, I even posted a positive review on Joomla reviews when I first began using it. It will be interesting to see when it is (and if it ever will be) released. I also recall seeing on the forum that all customers would receive the version for RC4, regardless of their subscription status, so it will also be interesting to see if they stick to their word, or if that will be another problem down the line...

Digital Remarks invites you to join the social network that lets you express yourself, share interests, and meet new people! Built entirely with Joomla & CB.
www.digitalremarks.com
15 years 8 months ago #85271 by generator11
Replied by generator11 on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
I too am in the same boat with Proma / Joomlashake as I was with Mikko's APC back in July 08................this really sucks. The release has not come, the forum is down, there has been no response to emails.......

Is this ever going to be a feature of CB? It adds so much more functionality to the CB core, and if it can be done by Mikko then surely the CB team can give it a crack. Please please please!!!!!!
I cant believe that Proma are repeating Mikko's pattern, after all the talk of not going down that path. My client is right pissed off as this is a key part to the usability of their site, and another series of sites that we are currently working on. Would love to hear if someone has got this sorted.....

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................
  • MindArchr
  • MindArchr
15 years 8 months ago #85290 by MindArchr
Replied by MindArchr on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
I know what you mean...this is a HUGE part of my site, and simply because I choose to use the latest CB, then PROMA is not compatible, which of course means disabling it altogether waiting for the new version. Of course I'm not going to downgrade CB in order to keep using PROMA, that would be ridiculous. I did receive this response from them after sending numerous e-mails (this went sent to me on January 11th):

Hi Monique,

sorry for that issue. We have fixed all frontend issues, but we have still a
big bug at Tab Manager in backend, caused of the new API framework of CB 1.2
RC4. To fix this, we need a few days more...

Regards

joomlashake

Not sure if this helps anyone. I REALLY wish CB could integrate this into the core if possible....

Post edited by: MindArchr, at: 2009/01/14 08:16

Digital Remarks invites you to join the social network that lets you express yourself, share interests, and meet new people! Built entirely with Joomla & CB.
www.digitalremarks.com
  • dado1
  • dado1
15 years 7 months ago #87820 by dado1
Replied by dado1 on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
any other Advanced Profile Control beside PROMA?
Moderators: beatnantkrileon