Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Advanced Profile Control

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 1 month ago #43225 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
I checked and it seems 1and1 supports Zend Optimizer. www.faq.1and1.com/scripting_languages_supported/php/11.html

This will be supported by APC soon.

-Mikko
The topic has been locked.
  • rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 1 month ago #43237 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
mikko wrote:

Would having a Zend encoded version be better for you?

Yes, definitely. 1&1 supports Zend so that would work great for me.

mikko wrote:

Source code escrow is not an alternative to encryption, but something that makes it possible for people to access the source code in case I am not available or willing to support this software any more.

The idea is to give the source code of the component to a trusted third party which keeps it safe. If for some reason I would be unavailable to maintain the software, the escrow service would release the source code to anyone who can prove that he is a customer.

If anyone has suggestions of a good (and inexpensive) escrow service, I would be happy to hear.

Yes, I realized this after I did some research. I think you might want to look at EscrowTech - out of all the S/W Escrow services I looked at, they had the most reasonable fees and actually had them posted (instead of "call us for rates").

They are located in US; I don't know if you were looking for someone closer to you. Here's a direct link to their fees page: www.escrowtech.com/feessoftwareescrow.htm
  • mikko
  • mikko
17 years 1 month ago #43357 by mikko
rpitera wrote:

mikko wrote:

Would having a Zend encoded version be better for you?

Yes, definitely. 1&1 supports Zend so that would work great for me.

[/quite]

OK. I will provide a Zend version as well. Probably early next week.

Yes, I realized this after I did some research. I think you might want to look at EscrowTech - out of all the S/W Escrow services I looked at, they had the most reasonable fees and actually had them posted (instead of "call us for rates").

They are located in US; I don't know if you were looking for someone closer to you. Here's a direct link to their fees page: www.escrowtech.com/feessoftwareescrow.htm

US is totally OK for me. However, the prices they charge are somewhat high compared to the volume of my sales. Nevertheless, some kind of escrow is needed.

-Mikko

• rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 1 month ago #43383 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
Mikko wrote

US is totally OK for me. However, the prices they charge are somewhat high compared to the volume of my sales. Nevertheless, some kind of escrow is needed.

So far they were the only ones that actually displayed their fees, which makes me wonder how much the others charge.

I'll continueto look for you and see what I can find.
  • mikko
  • mikko
17 years 1 month ago #43499 by mikko
I now offer a Zend encoded version of the encrypted file. Zend version of the trial version will be published later this week.

Mikko
  • mikko
  • mikko
17 years 1 month ago #44124 by mikko
rpitera wrote:

:pinch: Again, this is NOT answering my question. I have given 'other providers a try' which is why I am with 1and1 as are all my clients. I have deployed many Joomla sites with them and without issues until IonCube.

I just found out something rather surprising. 1and1 can run ionCube encoded software.

This is how it happened. I was installing Advanced Profile Control to a site which is hosted at 1and1. First, I took a look at the system info at Joomla backend to see if ionCube or Zend Optimizer was installed. I did not see either one installed.

So I proceeded to install Zend Optimizer following these instructions faq.1and1.com/scripting_languages_supported/php/11.html and later installed Zend4 version of Advanced Profile Control to the site. Then, as a part of my standard procedure, I tested the upgrade tool of the software and accidentally upgraded the software to ionCube encoded version. When I realized this, I was a bit angry to myself since this would cause me extra work due to need to manually fix the installation. However, to my surprise, the software just worked. I double checked the files and the Zend encoded version was replace by the ionCube encoded versio, the system info does not show ionCube loaders as installed, but the software works.

Later, I found that the ionCube was installed as a runtime extension. ( www.ioncube.com/loader_installation.php )

But anyway, the moral of the story is that it seems possible to use ionCube on 1and1.

-Mikko
Moderators: beatnantkrileon