Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Search box

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago #338726 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search box
Very strange. Retested on a separate computer and on my phone and still working there. I don't know what could possibly cause that.

You don't need to click after typing. It's similar to Twitter where you simply type it and the insert box appears, but it doesn't auto insert at this time like Twitter does. In a future release we'll have auto inserting so you don't need to select a tag from the insert box for it to insert.

If still not working for you best I can suggest is turn on legacy tag support. That can be turned on in CB Activity > Parameters > Streams > Legacy by setting "Hashtag Parsing" to "Enable". This will cause #hashtag to auto convert to a clickable hashtag on post.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 2 weeks ago #338737 by fioresns
Replied by fioresns on topic Search box
This work for previous hashtags to show like links (working even on the test I posted). Doesn't show the popup box though.
Just wanted to say that I never had problems with hashtags, they work regularly on FB and IG.
If I get to fix this I will update the topic.
Thanks for your help

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago #338747 by krileon
As you mentioned Edge I assume you're on Windows 11. Do you have another device you can test? This is very strange. I am unable to find any cause yet at this time. I've tested 4 different devices so far and still unable to reproduce.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 2 weeks ago #338756 by fioresns
Windows 11 on two pcs.
As you asked, I tried with a pc running Win 10 Home, same thing.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago #338759 by krileon
I'm completely confused by this to be honest. I can't really see how that's possible. Is there a browser extension that you've installed on each of those devices maybe? At any rate will continue to investigate and see if there's a possible bug with the hashtag typing JS.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #338762 by fioresns
On my personal computer I do have chrome plugins. I don't on the other ones. And I rarely use Edge, so it's like a fresh install.
Edit:
I installed Firefox. Same thing.
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by fioresns.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon