Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

Search box

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 3 weeks ago #338537 by fioresns
Search box was created by fioresns
Hello,
is there a way to have a search box to search within the Activity?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 3 weeks ago #338541 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search box
Within CB Activity? Yes, edit your stream within CB Activity > Streams > Activity then under Filters see the "Stream Search" section for enabling various searches. Specifically "By Post" will allow searching posts. You can access this using the filter bar at the top of the stream.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fioresns

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 3 weeks ago #338550 by fioresns
Replied by fioresns on topic Search box
It works! And was as easy as that! Just a question: what's the meaning of the "by flair" search?

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 3 weeks ago #338555 by krileon

Just a question: what's the meaning of the "by flair" search?

One of the features of posts is Flair. It's like adding tags to a post. You can create as many of these as you like and they're searchable. CB Activity includes a few for marking posts as a Spoiler or containing Adult content for example and it will hide the post behind a toggle.

You may want to take a look at our updated CB Activity product page below as it includes feature blocks for all major features in CB Activity.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-activity

My blog post below also details the Flair feature more specifically.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/19039-cb-activity-6-1-0

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fioresns
  • fioresns
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #338570 by fioresns
Replied by fioresns on topic Search box
Now that I got this, I find it really intersting. I've read about the whole thing and really like it.
Actually, I've enabled the feature, but the button with the flair choice still doesn't appear...
And the search by hashtag doesn't find hashtagged posts...
Is there something I'm missing?
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by fioresns.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 3 weeks ago #338571 by krileon
It's per stream so you need to enable it for the respective stream you're viewing. Recent Activity stream is a bit special here as it inherits some of the properties of the Profile Stream. Which stream did you enable flair on? If the Recent Activity stream you'll need to enable it on the Profile Activity stream as well since that's where new posts on Recent Activity will actually be saved to.

And the search by hashtag doesn't find hashtagged posts...

Is this a new or old install? For old installs that were using older releases hashtags weren't stored in the database in a searchable way so it won't find old posts, but all new posts with hashtags should work fine. You also don't need to supply # when searching hashtags just supply the tag you want to search for.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon