Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 9 months ago #80932 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
ckayfish wrote:

I wasn't considering adding this functionality, but may look into how it could help my site.

I just read through this whole thread and am replying to say that Open Source developers know better than anyone else that "no good deed goes unpunished". Yes, everyone was nice about their request, one donated, and you seem to have a personality that likes being helpful and solving problems, but still; Krileon, you are a saint and very patient.

That goes for all other Open Source developers. I vote that the next holiday created should be titled "Open Source Developer Day".

Post edited by: ckayfish, at: 2008/11/29 08:15

I enjoy helping the best I can. I would gladly complete these new requests as well if time permitted, but r [img] ight now is a bit hectic so can't get to it.

I appreciate your kind words. Means a lot to hear so much positive feedback from the community and that I'm grateful enough for as is. Just knowing my work and time has helped another is good to hear.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #80965 by ComposerRyan
Replied by ComposerRyan on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Hey krileon, thanks for the help once again! I am currently just using it the way you programmed it and when I launch the site, I hope all of the users understand how awards are given out when they login again. We'll see... *fingers crossed*

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do to make the awards show up instantly or at least within a certain amount of time. That would be awesome.

it would be cool to see these options in the config settings that say:

Would you like awards to:

1) Award upon user login (use for big sites)
2) Award immediately (can be used with big site, but not recommended for smaller hosting packages)
3) Award withint _____ hours and _____ minutes

That would be the perfect setup. i'm not sure how hard that would be to program into your plugin but it would be an awesome feature!

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS OUT HERE and for making one of the best plugins ever.

Ryan

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 9 months ago #81078 by krileon
ComposerRyan wrote:

Hey krileon, thanks for the help once again! I am currently just using it the way you programmed it and when I launch the site, I hope all of the users understand how awards are given out when they login again. We'll see... *fingers crossed*

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do to make the awards show up instantly or at least within a certain amount of time. That would be awesome.

it would be cool to see these options in the config settings that say:

Would you like awards to:

1) Award upon user login (use for big sites)
2) Award immediately (can be used with big site, but not recommended for smaller hosting packages)
3) Award withint _____ hours and _____ minutes

That would be the perfect setup. i'm not sure how hard that would be to program into your plugin but it would be an awesome feature!

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS OUT HERE and for making one of the best plugins ever.

Ryan

I can't resist you guys. Always getting me to add more, lol.

Your wish is my command. All 3 above ideas are being implemented. I've already got the timestamp working. So the check will be issued every X seconds, minutes, hours.. whatever you decide. You can also set it to do the check all the time. Then you still have the option of only at login.

I've also implemented pagination. Ajax and non-ajax pagination if you haven't done the necessary changes to the core files.

You can also disable paging all together.

How's that for an update? =) I'll try to get the new version ready tonight! ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 9 months ago #81080 by krileon
All done. :laugh:

New Features
    3 Types of awarding (On Login, Time Frame, Immediately)
    Pagination (Off, Ajax, Normal)

Instructions are included on how to make the proper CB core hacks for ajax pagination.

You may set how many awards are displayed per page if pagination is enabled. You may also create a new field called cb_awardsperpage and allow your users to set how many is displayed per page.

Alternatively you can turn pagination off.

The 3 types are as said; On login is the exact same way the previous versions function.

Time Frame allows you to set a specific amount of seconds (calculate this to minutes/hours as needed, but must be in seconds!) to have been passed sense the last awards trigger. Once the time frame has passed. The user will be granted their awards.

Immediately will issue the awards trigger upon every visit to the users profile.

I test installed the plugin and it installs fine on Joomla 1.0.x as well as all features appear to be functioning as described in 1.0.x. Use on 1.5.x at your own risk!

BACKUP YOUR CONFIG.PHP FILE BEFORE UNINSTALLING OR UPDATING TO THE NEW VERSION! NO CHANGES WERE MADE TO THIS FILE. YOU MAY CONTINUE TO USE YOUR PREVIOUS VERSIONS CONFIG.PHP!

All new features are found in the plugins params.

Let me know if there's any problems. Enjoy.
SEE LATEST POST FOR LATEST VERSION

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/12/07 05:09

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

15 years 9 months ago #81357 by ComposerRyan
Replied by ComposerRyan on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Hey Krileon, thanks for your hard work on this. You really have gone out of your way to support your plugin and add new features at the request of the community!!!

Have you and Jawards teamed up to make this an official part of the Jawards component? I hope so!

I do now have the brand new version installed on my Joomla 1.5.7 website and it awards users now IMMEDIATELY, which I love! Also, it pops up in my Community Builder 1.1 just fine.

There is one issue though that I cannot wrap my finger around:

In the Jawards component, every time the award is given out, the date is wrong on the Jawards frontend. It is set to January 01 2000. Do you know why this is? If I hand out awards manually without using your plugin, the date displays just fine in the Jawards frontend. But when autoawards hands out the awards, the date displays January 01 2000 in the Jawards frontend userlist. Why is this?

Thanks again for all of your help, support, and hard work on this amazing plugin!!!

Ryan

• Scotty87
  • Scotty87
15 years 9 months ago #81360 by Scotty87
Replied by Scotty87 on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Great update! Krileon you're dedication is truly appreciated.

I also have the same problem as Ryan.

I didn't find any time settings.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon