Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plugin - jAwards AutoReward

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 10 months ago #80059 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Possibly, but I don't have alphauserpoints and not running 1.5.x so can't do the implementation my self.

Don't have the time to do a separate install on my local server, etc.

It's pretty straight forward. Review the code and see if you can build the trigger your self. I tried to keep everything well indented and labeled so it'd be easy to work with.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hypnotoad
  • hypnotoad
15 years 10 months ago #80138 by hypnotoad
Replied by hypnotoad on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Hi krileon!

I'm the developer of jAwards. It's great to see some integration happening here! B)

Maybe we can have a some chat / discussion (private?) on improving the integration. I could provide an API or similar in a future version. What do you think?

CB 3rd Party Developer: jAwards | GalleryTab for CB (Ponygallery, ML)

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 10 months ago #80149 by krileon
hypnotoad wrote:

Hi krileon!

I'm the developer of jAwards. It's great to see some integration happening here! B)

Maybe we can have a some chat / discussion (private?) on improving the integration. I could provide an API or similar in a future version. What do you think?

API would be great for many folks around here who like a plug and play action.

I however have modified the component so extensively I don't know if it can even be called jawards anymore, lol. I've transformed it into a gift system AND award system (check gift tab and awards tab on profiles on my site) as well as a gift store (check points store on my site.. it's a sublink of Games).

I do like the idea of an API though. That'd bring a lot more possibilities to the component.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 10 months ago #80632 by ComposerRyan
Replied by ComposerRyan on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Hi, I am very excited about this plugin and see the potential in it!

I've installed it, but it is not showing any of my awards in my CB profile.

I am using CB 1.1
Joomla 1.5.7 (running in Legacy mode)
Fireboard 1.0.5RC2
JAwards 0.91

Do I have to use the new CB 1.2 RC3 to get it to work?

I have gone into the config file and edited the ID to "1" and it did not show my medal. I set my Fireboard post count to "1" and it did not award me.

I also tried setting the post count to 16, and then posted my 16th post, and that still did not show the medal in my CB profile.

What am I doing wrong? :(

Thanks for the help!

Post edited by: ComposerRyan, at: 2008/11/26 07:10

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 10 months ago #80651 by krileon
You need to make sure your medal ID is correct. Mouse-over the medal in the jawards medal management. Then look at the number at the end of the link. That's the ID you need. Also make sure fireboard posts is enabled in the backend params for the plugin.

Awards are only granted upon login to prevent rechecking every visit to a users profile. Relogin and see if the awards are granted.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

15 years 10 months ago #80667 by ComposerRyan
Replied by ComposerRyan on topic Re:Plugin - jAwards AutoReward
Okay, I'll check on that later tonight...I've got to go to work.

Thanks for the quick reply and I'll let you know how it goes with it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon