Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with installation under Joomla 1.6

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago #152849 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 related issues

lmelnick wrote: Fatal error: Call to undefined function uddeimisregistered() in /home1/laineyme/public_html/esd10/components/com_uddeim/uddeimlib16.php on line 333

You are right, this is a bug in the 1.6 library and can be fixed quite easy:

replace
Code:
if (uddeimisregistered($my_gid))
with
Code:
if (uddeIMisReggedOnly($my_gid))

I also found another issues with Joomla 1.6 API that might be responsible with the troubles you have with the premium plugins.

Please give me two weeks to prepare a beta release of uddeIM 2.3. This will also bring a new set of premium plugins for uddeIM 2.3beta.

Sorry, for the troubles.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lmelnick
  • lmelnick
13 years 8 months ago #152900 by lmelnick
Replied by lmelnick on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 related issues
Let me explain again.

Each time I have tried to install in a different way to get it to work, I uninstall from the admin backend, I go to the FTP and delete any files that may have not been deleted. I go to myphpadmin and drop all the jos_uddeim tables.

Then I have tried:

1. installing 2.2zip without any changes
2. installing 2.3dev without any changes
3. installing 2.2 with replacing install file to J16 and making SQL changes
4. installing 2.3dev with replacing install file to J16 and making SQL change
5. installing 2.3dev again without any changes

None of these have worked completely. On some I can get the admin settings but not the menu item, some I can get the menu item but not the admin settings. On some I just get errors. The one I'm on now is #5 and as I said there is no access to settings.

I would love some help in getting this working please, I was going to just use another package meant for Joomla 1.6 but can't find any with the same functions.

Thank you,

Lainey

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago #152903 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 related issues
Have you used "com_uddeIM (2.3dev) - Joomla 1.6 only" from this page
www.slabihoud.de/software/id4001.htm

All other Joomla 1.6 compatible packages can be found here
joomlacode.org/gf/project/com_uddeim/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Ftrunk%2F

You must not replace anything nor you have to do any SQL changes with these packages.

The com_uddeim_j16.zip package should install under Joomla 1.6, you should have a backend menu link to access the settings and you can create a frontend menu link in the menu manager.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• lmelnick
  • lmelnick
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #152911 by lmelnick
Yes, but just in case I re-downloaded 2.3dev from your link. I went through my uninstall process, there are two plug-ins that it can't uninstall: uddeIM PMS Content Link, and uddeIM Searchbot. I get the error: Plugin Uninstall: Manifest file invalid or not found. I have looked for any plug in files with FTP and can't find any. So I go on anyway...

Installed the new version of the 2.3 install:

Got the error building admin menus, but says that install is successful and when you click continue it opens the settings.

I go to FTP and upload the template that I like to use from your templates, modernblue, and copied over the premium plug in, attachment, frontend and rss. I don't do the admin one because when I do, it seems to lock me out of the settings area.

So I configure the settings. I'm right that it was the premium plug in spam php file that blocked me from the settings file, without it I can set it up completely and this time I backed up my configuration.

There is no component in the pull down menu in the admin backend, but I can create a frontend link to settings in a menu item, but that only shows user settings and not the configuration settings which is what I wanted access to. The template isn't lined up correctly, but the menu links on the user menu work, but the frontend link still gives me an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function uddeimisregistered() in /home1/laineyme/public_html/esd10/components/com_uddeim/uddeimlib16.php on line 333

So, how can I get this working?

I can access the configuration page directly by going to: esd10.linktoaustin.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=settings

I haven't uploaded any of the 1.6 files from the SVN trunk link. I want to get this all working first. Thank you for the link, but I can't figure out how to download the folders.

Thank you for your help,

--Lainey
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by lmelnick.

• lmelnick
  • lmelnick
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #152912 by lmelnick
I changed the library and made a settings change that seems to work now. Yay!

Thanks for the help.

Lainey
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by lmelnick.

• lmelnick
  • lmelnick
13 years 8 months ago #152916 by lmelnick
So, how do I download those modules and plug ins from the SVN trunk. I logged and still don't see how to do it. Thanks again, Lainey

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon