Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with installation under Joomla 1.6

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago #152931 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 related issues
I have compiled a new dev package which is available from my site. Could you check this one please?

What did you change in the lib?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lmelnick
  • lmelnick
13 years 8 months ago #152933 by lmelnick
Replied by lmelnick on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 related issues
I did the change you recommended:

if (uddeIMisReggedOnly($my_gid))

I also changed the setting for reCaptcha to internal and that seemed to fix the formatting.

I'll try the new Dev package.

--Lainey

• lmelnick
  • lmelnick
13 years 8 months ago #152939 by lmelnick
OK, I did the install with the new 2.3 package on your site. It was a much easier install, but I still got the error that it couldn't make admin menus. The menu links work still, and the component in the pull down menu still is missing. If I don't upload the administration premium plugin then I can access the settings with the config link that I was using before. The template still doesn't look as good as it did in the 2.2 version. Can you look at my site and see what I mean:

esd10.linktoaustin.com/index.php/component/uddeim/?task=new&recip=58+%5B&nouserlist=Y%5D&Itemid=552

I got the module and plug ins working too, that was great to have them all in a package. Thank you.

I figured out how to load a specific recipient into the To field, but I'd like to make it a blind list which I've created #Administration. I can't figure out how to add that automatically to load though. You can see the link above I'm using id 58, but that is a dummy contact I made. Is there a way to use a list or multiple contacts? I am using SEF.

Thank you,

Lainey

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago #152968 by slabbi
I have checked the packages again and they are installing fine, no error that the admins menu cannot be created. This error sounds a little bit like that some Joomla folders are not accessible by the Joomla installer and so it was not able to copy required files (e.g. the language files) to the correct location.

Please enter the link as described in the FAQ (without SEF), e.g.
esd10.linktoaustin.com/index.php?options=com_uddeim&task=new&recip=58&Itemid=552

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• lmelnick
  • lmelnick
13 years 8 months ago #153066 by lmelnick

I have checked the packages again and they are installing fine, no error that the admins menu cannot be created. This error sounds a little bit like that some Joomla folders are not accessible by the Joomla installer and so it was not able to copy required files (e.g. the language files) to the correct location

I checked my directory permissions and they are all writable. I don't have this problem with any other installs. I'm using php version 5.2.16.

Please enter the link as described in the FAQ (without SEF), e.g.

I turned off SEF, and I changed the code and added a comma between recip ids, but it isn't showing up in the To box with the names. I also tried using the global list that I made, and that didn't show up either.

This works: index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&recip=58 [&nouserlist=Y]
This doesn't: index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&recip=58,42 [&nouserlist=Y]
This doesn't: index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&recip=#Administration [&nouserlist=Y]
It also doesn't work if I use: [&nouserlist=5]

Thank you,

Lainey

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #153070 by slabbi
1. I cannot reproduce your problem. Tested again with a clean setup of Joomla 1.6 stable and no problems.

2. Do not enter "[&nouserlist=Y]". The brackets mean that this parameter is optional and you have to replace the "Y" with n code.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by slabbi.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon