Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with installation under Joomla 1.6

• lmelnick
  • lmelnick
13 years 8 months ago #152689 by lmelnick
Please understand that I'm not super technical so trying to work with myphpadmin is very scary to me. The last time I went in there to delete the uddeim tables so I could re-install, my entire site broke and I couldn't even log in as admin any more. The host had to fix it. So I'm very hesitant to go and mess with these tables, but I really need this working. I was able to install 2.3 on Joomla 1.6 by using the extra install, and that finally worked, but there is not a Udde component that appears in the admin menu when you pull down components. You can add it to a menu item, but there is no way to configure it, so I get SQL errors when trying to access it.

I am trying to find the uddeim tables to modify as you suggest, but when I log into my database the only tables for uddeim there are:

jos_uddeim_attachments
jos_uddeim_blocks
jos_uddeim_config
jos_uddeim_spam
jos_uddeim_userlists

They all have 0 items, and can't be browsed. So what do I do now? My site: esd10.linktoaustin.com . I'm attaching the screenshot of myphpadmin

Thanks,

Lainey
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago #152809 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 related issues

lmelnick wrote: I am trying to find the uddeim tables to modify as you suggest, but when I log into my database the only tables for uddeim there are:

jos_uddeim_attachments
jos_uddeim_blocks
jos_uddeim_config
jos_uddeim_spam
jos_uddeim_userlists

They all have 0 items, and can't be browsed. So what do I do now? My site: esd10.linktoaustin.com . I'm attaching the screenshot of myphpadmin

The FAQ explains how to do a clean install:
Remove uddeIM, then remove all uddeIM releated tables and use the J1.6 compatible package to install uddeIM again.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• lmelnick
  • lmelnick
13 years 8 months ago #152812 by lmelnick
Replied by lmelnick on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 related issues
Yes, I did that, and I got the message that the install was successful following the instructions in the FAQ. This is still an issue. One question though, there is no "Delete" in myphpadmin to delete tables. I "dropped" the tables. Is that the same thing?

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago #152818 by slabbi

lmelnick wrote: Yes, I did that, and I got the message that the install was successful following the instructions in the FAQ. This is still an issue. One question though, there is no "Delete" in myphpadmin to delete tables. I "dropped" the tables. Is that the same thing?

Yes, it is.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• lmelnick
  • lmelnick
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #152842 by lmelnick
Replied by lmelnick on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 related issues
I have reinstalled several times now, and this is the best I've had so far. I have a menu link to the component without an admin link for settings. When I try to access settings through a URL to the settings directly, I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uddeimshowvaluenull() (previously declared in /home1/laineyme/public_html/esd10/administrator/components/com_uddeim/admin.shared.php:64) in /home1/laineyme/public_html/esd10/administrator/components/com_uddeim/admin.spamcontrol.php on line 230

Is there a backend edit I can make to these files to allow me to edit from the URL to settings?

I have the premium plug in files and the front end is not allowing access, the error is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function uddeimisregistered() in /home1/laineyme/public_html/esd10/components/com_uddeim/uddeimlib16.php on line 333

Now, this could be because I can't get to my setting to select frontend, but I have had issues trying to get the premium plug ins to work with the 2.3 version. Are they supposed to work?

What exact link do I find the modules and plug ins specifcally for 1.6, I can't find any specific ones on joomlacode, your site or here. I need a specific link to the location, please.

--Lainey

Ignore the attached files, I have edited this message several times.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by lmelnick.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #152847 by slabbi
I do not know what you are doing. When you have dropped the existing tables and did a reinstall with the com_uddeim_j16 package, there is no need to execute any other SQL queries (this is required when you have installed 2.2 earlier and want to upgrade to 2.3dev).

btw I have moved your messages into a separate thread.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by slabbi.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon