Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Advanced Profile Control

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 5 months ago #35629 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
darb wrote:

I also have talked about this with Sergey before. He now have a demo of a similar solution for Joomla called "Juser".

Actually, to me it seems that there is not much in common about there components. The feature set is really not much overlapping, since this is an extension to CB, not a standalone component.

This is what I mean about config options to be set up flexible and automatically with a flexible setting for name, gender, age, countries, cities, email etc obligatory or not and with a good mapping in the db like example with reg id with country and city/location id. Like a possible way to pick out data for email sending like data FIHi32 meaning Finland,Helsinki,32 etc

I am coding something else to help with the search problems, but that has nothing to do with Advanced Profile Control.

This other thing will be announced sometime soon.

ps your site is very slowly! I have tried it many different times but still very slowly.... ;) hosting problems..? lol
ds

Probably that. I have not had time to investigate, unfortunately.

mikko
The topic has been locked.
  • darb
  • darb
17 years 5 months ago #35670 by darb
Replied by darb on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
Hi Mikko

I agree about this..

I also have talked about this with Sergey before. He now have a demo of a similar solution for Joomla called "Juser".

Actually, to me it seems that there is not much in common about there components. The feature set is really not much overlapping, since this is an extension to CB, not a standalone component.

and I like what you are doing! ;)

Another suggestions to improve the settings about the profile control that could be very useful is a scenario like below with some options for the site owner and the end user for control of certain data.

I would like the reg process for a end user to be like this.

User go to site for reg. He fills in his first name last name, user name and his email address for a email user verification.

The user go to site for filling in his further data to get access for different level of the site depending on how well he fill in his profile fields. If he just fill in the obligatory fields he is a standard user. If he fill in the fields completely he is a gold member of the site.

The site owner should be able to set up which info/profile fields that are obligatory or not. But some of the fields should be controlled by the end user with these options see below.

The profile fields are categorised by groups that are set up by the site owner. The groups could be set up to be filled in by different criteria.

Like if you create an field group with the name"Interests". In the group "Interest" you set in the APC that at least 3 of 5 fields are obligatory to set up in this group to be a standard member. Meaning that the end user must fill in at least 3 mandatory fields within this group "Interests" to be standard member. If he fills in all 5 he is a gold member.

The end user have these options to set up himself with the profile fields that are not obligatory standard settings.

He have 3 standard radio buttons,tick boxes, drop down, calender etc (design problem..) that he can arrange for make settings to his "extra" must filled in fields, i f he want to be a gold member.

This extra fields with radio button, time calender, thick boxes etc can be:

1.inactive. radio button on
2.active. or opposite radio button off
3. active on of off with time limits: during this time when published= date start -- date end use a calender to set this profile field to be set on or off.

What is this good for? Well that let the user and the site owner control their respective value added areas. The site owner can control what is important for him in the area of certain info rewquired and the end user can also protect or gain extra favors from the site if he give away certain info he is interested about.

Connect this with a plug in to Ajacom News or other mail system for making user segmentation or your users and you have a very smart way of have a better and good interaction with your end users.

Email will only be sent to users that have set permissions about certain areas of interest, xxx etc etc

Hope you understand what I mean !

Cheers !

ssnobben
  • mikko
  • mikko
17 years 5 months ago #35672 by mikko
I get your point. The "user level based on the amount of fields filled" is not on the roadmap. It would be really a painful to code and manage, and I doubt that many sites would use this.

Other things you describe are possible.

mikko
  • mikko
  • mikko
17 years 5 months ago #35790 by mikko
I now have working integrations with JACL plus and AEC. CB subsription plugin will be out as soon as beat releasesa it.

The component seems to be pretty stable since the last fixes bit more than a day ago.

mikko
  • mikko
  • mikko
17 years 5 months ago #35929 by mikko
Next integrations on the roadmap: VirtueMart where users can buy new tabs, options or plugins for their profiles.

mikko
  • dsendecki
  • dsendecki
17 years 5 months ago #35936 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
I just wanted to thank Mikko for this plugin. It's an incredibly light, incredibly through solution that -- thanks to a very good manual -- is very easy to implement.

Aside from a few kinks that were my own fault, I had no problems setting this up.

Can't wait to integrate this with Beat's script!

ps it works with Plaxo invite, too, for those who were wondering.

Dan
Moderators: beatnantkrileon