Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Advanced Profile Control

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 5 months ago #35432 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
There is now a public demo of the administration interface on my site. It shows the current configuration of the demo and is set to read only.

hondchan.dy.fi/index.php?option=com_apc_admin_demo

mikko
The topic has been locked.
  • nzimas
  • nzimas
17 years 5 months ago #35521 by nzimas
Replied by nzimas on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
Just in case someone else came across this issue, here it goes:

I have enabled the Connections tab in each profile tab and ever since it
retrieves:

Warning: strstr(): Empty delimiter.
in /hsphere/local/home/musmapad/musmap.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_advancedprofilecontrol/dbManager.class.php
on line 158

Later on i have tried to roll back this change but the error persists.

Thanks,
Nuno.

Professional Website: www.bittingbits.com
  • mikko
  • mikko
17 years 5 months ago #35563 by mikko
This is caused by a bug in connections plugin sending empty database query to the DB. I fixed this by writting an additional check to advanced profile control so that it does not try to evaluate empty queries.

I will send the latest version to all who have purchased this.

Beta2 release is getting closer. Just finished first tests with integrating to JACL and several other things.

mikko
  • mikko
  • mikko
17 years 5 months ago #35581 by mikko
The 1.0 version of the plugin is now feature complete.

A couple of bug fixes, writing the documentation and then there will be RC1 version.

mikko
  • darb
  • darb
17 years 5 months ago #35624 by darb
Replied by darb on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
mikko wrote:

Discussion and feature request here. Original announcement www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,33253/catid,23/

mikko

Hi Mikko,

this is snobben. :P

Good that you take up this suggested user profile control! Sorry not coming back to you into the forum but now I find your posts here. :P

I also have talked about this with Sergey before. He now have a demo of a similar solution for Joomla called "Juser".

You can see it here with a demo and pdf document: joomlaequipment.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=79

This is what I mean about config options to be set up flexible and automatically with a flexible setting for name, gender, age, countries, cities, email etc obligatory or not and with a good mapping in the db like example with reg id with country and city/location id. Like a possible way to pick out data for email sending like data FIHi32 meaning Finland,Helsinki,32 etc

Why is this important? Well for making segmented profiling system for sending email to different target groups that have grouping similarities and preferences like age, sex, location and interests etc If this could be integrated with a email system like Acajoom News it would be a very perfect to select users for sending targeted mail in saved lists that is selected. Hope you understand what I mean!

cheers! keep up the good work!

ps your site is very slowly! I have tried it many different times but still very slowly.... ;) hosting problems..? lol
ds

ssnobben
  • darb
  • darb
17 years 5 months ago #35625 by darb
Replied by darb on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
Here is also a comment on this issue that I wrote about before....

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,31/id,27864/
Moderators: beatnantkrileon