Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

CBSubs Options console error

• galanopd
  • galanopd
3 months 3 days ago - 3 months 3 days ago #338248 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic CBSubs Options console error

First try unpublishing CBSubs Options, clear Joomla cache, then retry. If registration goes through then it's CBSubs Options. If it doesn't repeat this process except unpublish CB Paid Subscriptions itself. Seams like you may have a plan marked exclusive and is hidden for whatever reason and that's trigger validation errors.

Tried all, issue persists.

You should not be seeing an unauthorized error. That suggests the plugin isn't accessible when attempting to load in the plan options. Please be sure both CBSubs and CBSubs Options in CB > Plugin Management are marked as Public access.

Checked that CBSubs Options is Public. As far as CBSubs, I don't see any plugin named CBSubs. I have 19 CBSubs plugins but none is named just CBSubs.

EDIT: Finally the cause was coming from the parent plan as it was non-exclusive. Turning it to exclusive the registration process goes fine. I don't understand why though. I am sure I had checked these plans in the past and they were working fine. I don;t know what to say... I will evaluate  them again.
On the other hand the issue with the fontawsome is not fixed...
  • Last edit: 3 months 3 days ago by galanopd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
    • krileon
    3 months 3 days ago - 3 months 3 days ago #338250 by krileon
    Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Options console error
    In order to register without a subscription you need to be sure within CBSubs > Settings > Global that you've set CBSubs to allow free registrations without subscriptions otherwise it will require one regardless of plans being marked exclusive or not. So that option either needs to be enabled or you need to mark your parent plans as exclusive and offer a free plan for non-subscribes (e.g. like what we've done here at Joomlapolis). If free registration without subscriptions is already enabled please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look.

On the other hand the issue with the fontawsome is not fixed...

You'll need to reply to your existing topic regarding that with further details after doing the suggestions steps (switching to default Joomla template).

Kyle (Krileon)
    Community Builder Team Member
    Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
    CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
    --
    If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
    --
    If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
    --
    Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
    --
    My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
    Last edit: 3 months 3 days ago by krileon.

• galanopd
    • galanopd
    3 months 2 days ago - 3 months 2 days ago #338256 by galanopd

In order to register without a subscription you need to be sure within CBSubs > Settings > Global that you've set CBSubs to allow free registrations

Yes, the setting "allow free registration" is enabled, and free registration appears to be functioning properly. Below is the structure I have, and I am trying to understand the logic regarding plan interaction. Users can register for P0 or P1 without issues. Access to P2 and P3 is restricted during registration and is conditionally available for upgrade. My goal is to be able to have transitions like moving from P0C3 to P1C2. In general I need to be able to upgrade or downgrade among Child plans associated with different Parent plans. Note that a Parent Plan can not function without the selection of a Child Plan. The problem appears with the non-exclusive Parent Plans for some reason at registration. Is there a flaw in the structure I am implementing? So before uploading it from my local to a remote server for you to have a look, I need to be sure that all is properly done.

REGISTRATION OR DOWNGRADE FROM ALL PLANS
    P0    ->    ->    Non-exclusive    Lifetime    Free
    -P0C1    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year    ->    Free
    -P0C2    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year    ->    Paid    ->    Free first period
    -P0C3    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year    ->    Free
    REGISTRATION OR UPGRADE FROM P0 OR DOWNGRADE FROM P2 OR P3
    P1    ->    ->    Non-exclusive    Lifetime    Free
    -P1C1    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year    ->    Paid
    -P1C2    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year    ->    Paid
    -P1C3    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year    ->    Paid
    UPGRADE ONLY FROM P1 AND DOWNGRADE ONLY FROM P3
    P2    ->    ->    Non-exclusive    Lifetime    Free
    -P2C1    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year    ->    Paid
    -P2C2    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year    ->    Paid
    -P2C3    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year    ->    Paid
    UPGRADE ONLY FROM P2
    P3    ->    ->    Non-exclusive    Lifetime->    Free
    -P3C1    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year->    Paid
    -P3C2    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year->    Paid
    -P2C3    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year->    Paid
    REGISTRATION ONLY (NO UPGRADE TO THIS FROM OTHER PLANS) OR DOWNGRADE TO P0
    P4    ->    ->    Exclusive    ->    Lifetime->    Free
    -P4C1    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year->    Paid
    -P4C2    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year->    Paid
    -P4C3    ->    Exclusive    ->    1 year->    Paid

You'll need to reply to your existing topic regarding that with further details after doing the suggestions steps (switching to default Joomla template).

Sorry, I forgot I had opened another topic. Answered there...
    Last edit: 3 months 2 days ago by galanopd.

• krileon
    • krileon
    3 months 2 days ago #338258 by krileon
    P4 -> -> Exclusive -> Lifetime-> Free

That plan would be your problem. It's marked exclusive and none of your other parent plans are. That plan is mandatory.

Exclusive = Mandatory = Required

So you either need to make all your parent plans Exclusive or Non-Exclusive and use conditions to limit access. In your case since you seam to want to allow upgrade/downgrade from/to parent plans they should all be marked Exclusive.

Kyle (Krileon)
    Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
    CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
    --
    If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
    --
    If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
    --
    Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
    --
    My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• galanopd
    • galanopd
    3 months 2 days ago - 3 months 2 days ago #338259 by galanopd

P4 -> -> Exclusive -> Lifetime-> Free

That plan would be your problem. It's marked exclusive and none of your other parent plans are. That plan is mandatory.

Exclusive = Mandatory = Required

So you either need to make all your parent plans Exclusive or Non-Exclusive and use conditions to limit access.

As a first step I made the PPs non-exclusive. Yes the issue seems to be solved.

In your case since you seam to want to allow upgrade/downgrade from/to parent plans they should all be marked Exclusive.

The problem with having all PPs exclusive is that when a user wants to upgrade to another PP->CP, he has to unsubscribe from his current Plans and there is no prorating. Having the PPs non-exclusive, the user can keep both PPs and their respected Child plans simultaneously. Am I wrong?
    Or there is another way to have prorating when upgrading to another PP->CP ?
    Last edit: 3 months 2 days ago by galanopd.

• krileon
    • krileon
    3 months 2 days ago #338260 by krileon
    Prorating is per plan. So plans you want to allow prorating simply enable that. As for upgrading by default upgrades are only to plans more expensive, but you can change upgrading to ignore pricing under the workflows tab by setting "Propose plan for upgrades only if it is more expensive" to "No". That should allow them to upgrade/downgrade as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
    --
    --
    --
    --

Moderators: beatnantkrileon