Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[PASSWORD] bug

• diablov
  • diablov
9 years 1 week ago #270076 by diablov
Replied by diablov on topic [PASSWORD] bug
ok I put the right setting, but now I only get more the email to notify me that someone wants to Register.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 1 week ago #270084 by nant
Replied by nant on topic [PASSWORD] bug
Once again if you want to send people their password right after registration then:

1. If you set email confirmation required, then you need to put [PASSWORD] in the confirmation email body on your CB Configuration area. Actually the password is also included in the [DETAILS] substitution, so there is no need to put both.

2. If you have admin approval needed turned on then you cannot show people their passowrd because it has been hashed to the database.

3. If you turn off admin approval then the user is automatically approved (after email approval - if that parameter is on) and there is no notification sent to moderators for approval since the parameter is turned off.

Suggest you download and take a look at the CB Primer Book - it might help you understand this functionality.

Bottom line is that the password is hashed to the database and once it is it can no longer be retrieved. This is why users that forget their password are basically forced to create a new one.

• diablov
  • diablov
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #270105 by diablov
Replied by diablov on topic [PASSWORD] bug
The password is displayed when I put the [PASSWORD] in the first field of the message.

good, finally, I got my ow income initial setup.

too bad for the password.
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by diablov.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon