Skip to Content Skip to Menu

no autocomplete

• yandos
  • yandos
15 years 11 months ago #79798 by yandos
no autocomplete was created by yandos
Hello, and thanks for such a great component.
I have problems using autocomplete on uddeIM 1.4 with J1.5 legacy mode.

when i start typing a name it seems that the autocompleter looks for coresponding user names, but never finds any.

i have both hebrew and english usernames on my site...

ps, somtimes i get there weird chars, i tried but didn't succeed to reproduce that. i tried to follow some fixes on posts here, but it seems that they are all already implemented on this version. :).

would love to get help with that :D.

thanks,
Yandos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 11 months ago #79804 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:no autocomplete
This sounds like a problem with the AJAX component. Have you checked the Javascript error console? Maybe there is a conflict with another component.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• yandos
  • yandos
15 years 11 months ago #79807 by yandos
Replied by yandos on topic Re:no autocomplete
mmm you are very right... i missed this somehow.
i do load moomenu.js in my templaet.

after looking again in google i found.. well... your post, also about the js files being loaded, and saw moomenu.js is loaded also in uddeIM and the template. i think thats not a good thing...

so if the js is loaded anyway i tried to rename the moomenu js files so they won't be loaded again. is that the thing to do? guess not because i still receive the same error...

tried removing any .js presence in my template's index.php, but still same error...

then i saw neomi's post about just the same problem. seems that my host limited the memory allocation in the php.ini. unfortunatly i'm on a shared hosting so i cannot change that.

i'll be glad if you have any other idea that i should try.

if not, still lots of thanks for the quick reply :D. and for the great component,
yandos.

original post where problem was identified:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,27/func,view/id,52007/catid,25/limit,6/limitstart,30/

page 6.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 11 months ago #79808 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:no autocomplete
You can configure uddeIM that mootools is not loaded by default. Maybe this helps.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• yandos
  • yandos
15 years 11 months ago #79812 by yandos
Replied by yandos on topic Re:no autocomplete
ok, tried those but no good.
maybe one day i'll get myself a server...
untill then.. let them type :D.

15 years 10 months ago #82009 by paddylatino
Replied by paddylatino on topic Re:no autocomplete
hi

I am getting autocomplete for the FIRST name in the list, but not any subsequent one.

so if I have two users, mick and jack, if I type in "mi", it completes it perfectly, if I add a comma to add another recipient, and type in "ja", it will run the autocomplete but not find the second name, even if I type it in full. Th reverse is true if I start typing "ja" first, it will find jack but not mick

It seems to use the whole string including comma not the string after the most recent comma (or the beginning if there are no commas)

I will have to turn off the functionality until this is resolved :( pity as I really love it...

am using uddeIM 1.4/2008-10-01

Incidentally, you could copy the facebook feature, and only autocomplete people who are your CB connections (or at least configure this to be enabled or disabled)

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon