Skip to Content Skip to Menu

experimental release 2 for Joomla 1.5 native

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 1 month ago #71692 by slabbi
honich wrote:

com_uddeim13 - Backend (configuration) only works in legacy mode. In native mode I get a blank page. Sadly I don't know how to give you more details because even if I turn on site debugging, the page is blank. Frontend works for both native and legacy.

Very strange since it works on my system. How is uddeIM called in admin mode:
domain.de/administrator/index.php?option=com_uddeim
?

What does the javascript error console say?
When you see the blank page, can you display the page source code (or is the source code windows also empty)?

Have you uploaded all admin.* files (there are two new (compatibility) files required by uddeIM).

If you could not find the problem, could you provide me a login to your page?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 1 month ago #71693 by slabbi
For plug_uddeim_mailbox the fix is quite easy:

Replace

[code:1] if ($item->cryptmode==2)
$pms_show = sefRelToAbs("index.php?option=com_uddeim&Itemid=".$item_id."&task=showpass&messageid=".$item->id);
else
$pms_show = sefRelToAbs("index.php?option=com_uddeim&Itemid=".$item_id."&task=show&messageid=".$item->id);[/code:1]

with

[code:1] if ($item->cryptmode==2)
$pms_show = uddeIMsefRelToAbs("index.php?option=com_uddeim&Itemid=".$item_id."&task=showpass&messageid=".$item->id);
else
$pms_show = uddeIMsefRelToAbs("index.php?option=com_uddeim&Itemid=".$item_id."&task=show&messageid=".$item->id);
[/code:1]

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• honich
  • honich
16 years 1 month ago #71698 by honich
Wow that was a fast reply :-)

First of all, I didn't look close enough in writing that plug_pms_uddeim_inbox13 behaves in the same way than com_uddeim13. It seems to just "crash" when using it with the standard joomla admin account. I've created two other users, one with Super Admin rights and one with rights for registered users and the cb plugin works for these users in native mode.

EDIT: Applying the patch doesn't seem to fix the standard joomla admin isuue

The second thing is more tricky. The "blank page" really means that there is no source code at all I could view. ("View source code" is empty, page size in info tab 0kB ). Therefore the Firefox-Web-Developer-Tools-Checkmark-Kind-Of-Button says "no JavaScript Errors" (soory for being noobish, but I don't really know how to get more information out of this), same with "Error Console" and "Java Console".
I've uploaded the files admin.uddeimlib10.php and admin.uddeimlib15.php to administrator/components/com_uddeim and hope these are the files you meant.
Uddeim is called by /administrator/index.php?option=com_uddeim as you wrote when I click in the backend at Components->uddeIM

As there is nothing really important on this test site I could give you the possibility to log in to it...

Post edited by: honich, at: 2008/08/19 15:24

Post edited by: honich, at: 2008/08/19 15:55

Post edited by: honich, at: 2008/08/19 15:57

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 1 month ago #71699 by slabbi
I checked uddeIM backend with and without CB and it works fine (with Joomla SEF on). Strange.

mod_uddeim_mailbox has a small bug which should be fixed now.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• honich
  • honich
16 years 1 month ago #71710 by honich
Hi. It's me again :-)
I thought that perhaps some of the other components that are installed on my test site conflict with uddeim, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I just did a fresh install of joomla 1.5.6, no components, no modules, no language packs no setting or configuration changed from standard. After install I directly installed uddeim. But the blank page error still remains.
The only thing I stumbled upon while joomla install was that "Register Globals" is turned "on" by my provider while joomla suggests that it should be turned off. Since I do not exactly know what this means (apart from the little knowledge that every php variable is treated as a global variable and that it's a potential security risk) my question is if this could be the error. Strange enough though I didn't have problems with other components...
The other thing that is not-standard is that I am forced to use a different mysql table-prefix for my joomla installation (not just "jos_" but "something_jos_") because my -other- site already uses the standard "jos_" and I only have one database available.
I hope my posts don't let you get too far away from your initial request to sending feedback to something like you supporting my buggy site configuration :whistle:

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 1 month ago #71712 by slabbi
Ok, sounds that your have some other problems beside uddeIM.

Sorry, but please do not ask non-uddeim releated questions in this thread or forum.

The blank page seems not uddeIM related since no output is done at all. Maybe a problem with your htaccess and/or SEF.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon