Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeIM 1.2beta2 available (updated 13-7-2008)

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 2 months ago #68601 by slabbi
JDuc wrote:

I've just noticed what may be a small bug.

When I'm sending another member a PM, and I click on the 'Show CC' check box, nothing happens. I cannot send PMs to more than 1 person at a time.

Is this normal functionality?

Its not a bug. When checking the "Add CC line" button uddeIM adds a CC line containing all names to the message which have been entered in the "To" field (you have to enter more than one name otrherwise the line is suppressed).

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rayge
  • rayge
16 years 2 months ago #68614 by rayge
Have you found anyon else missing that iconv() function added to their php compilation? Ive never used that function before so i dont know much about it.
I do php development as well.

Also if im just to overwrite it looks like the com_ folder has files that will go in the front end and the admin side components folders? I just have to determine where they go?

The plugin is obvious so thats easy enough :)

Thanks!

• JDuc
  • JDuc
16 years 2 months ago #68632 by JDuc
So I will actually never physically see a CC line or field come up when I'm typing the PM?

As it sits now, if I tick that box, then go to select names using the drop down for the user list, it adds them to the To: box only.

I guess really all thsi box is doing is entering a note in the PM that it's been sent to multiple people, otherwise it acts as a blind copy?

That's confusing considering every email and PM system I've ever used doesn't work like that.

Also, it will only automatically find the first name that you enter, if you have more than one, it will not show up as an auto entry. I'm sure that's just a limitation?

Jan

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 2 months ago #68636 by slabbi
rayge wrote:

Have you found anyon else missing that iconv() function added to their php compilation? Ive never used that function before so i dont know much about it.
I do php development as well.

Here you will find some infos about iconv. Usually php should be compiled with it:
www.php.net/iconv

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• slabbi
  • slabbi
16 years 2 months ago #68637 by slabbi
JDuc wrote:

So I will actually never physically see a CC line or field come up when I'm typing the PM?

Right. You will only see the line when you have two or more receivers.

As it sits now, if I tick that box, then go to select names using the drop down for the user list, it adds them to the To: box only.

You can select multiple names. All names will be added to the To field (uddeIM has no CC or Bcc field). Usually the receiver will not know to which people the message has been sent. Checking the CC-box will add a line that lists all persons to which the message has been sent.

I guess really all thsi box is doing is entering a note in the PM that it's been sent to multiple people, otherwise it acts as a blind copy?

Yes.

That's confusing considering every email and PM system I've ever used doesn't work like that.

It was the only way to add this feature. The other possibility was to add this line always when more then one user has been entered.

Also, it will only automatically find the first name that you enter, if you have more than one, it will not show up as an auto entry. I'm sure that's just a limitation?

Its a problem with the AJAX autocompleter. It is a very complex javascript program which should run on all browsers and this change would be so complex that the autocompleter might break on some browsers.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• JDuc
  • JDuc
16 years 2 months ago #68638 by JDuc
Thank you very much for your explanations!

Jan

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon