Skip to Content Skip to Menu

(SOLVED) uddeIM - no email notification

• weazle
  • weazle
15 years 11 months ago #79543 by weazle
Replied by weazle on topic Re:(SOLVED) uddeIM - no email notification
I didn't reply because (like I stated before), a charge would've been requested... here's your quote:

...I expect a generous donation

I just edited the previous post with the code from my config.class.php file if anyone sees something, that'd be great! (quoting Lumberg in Office Space!)

I attempted to re-create the config.class.php file to the settings previously tested, hopefully it's accurate since I've been changing the heck out of it trying to get it to work!

Thanks again for any help...
Scott

Post edited by: weazle, at: 2008/11/12 21:57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 11 months ago #79577 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:(SOLVED) uddeIM - no email notification
When it is really a flaw you cannot find it in the configuration file.

Since you are not interested in providing login credentials in order to help finding the problem (if it is really a uddeIM related one) I suggest you switch to a another PMS component which runs flawlessly on your system.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• weazle
  • weazle
15 years 11 months ago #79614 by weazle
I've got no issues with doing so, but I can't afford anything like a "generous donation".... which by the way I have no issues with donations as well, it's how our site is run, but when it's "expected", it's no longer a donation, it's a charge. I get paid next Thursday, which then I can donate.

In the meantime, if you don't mind, I can supply you with those credentials to our site. I have a strong feeling it's a conflict of modules/components... would any Mootools/Ajax scripts interfere with uddeIM's emailing function?

I copy/pasted my config because that's where the settings are stored and if it is a setting I scerwed up, it should be seen there, right?

Thanks for the quick responses too, that's a rarity these days!:)

Post edited by: weazle, at: 2008/11/13 15:05

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 11 months ago #79726 by slabbi
First at all:
You are running Joomla 1.0.13 which contains several bugs and some vulnerabilities. So when your site gets hacked don't wonder why...

Back to the results:
I debugged your site very deeply. I checked joomla.php and class.phpmailer.php.

1. uddeIM sends definitely the mails which means the correct parameters are passed to either the php function "mail" or (in your case) to the mosPhpmailer class for smtp (for that purpose I has to configure uddeIM to "mosMail").

2. I debugged mosPhpmailer until the smtp commands are executed. All parameters created by uddeIM arrive there without any problem.

So the problem must be somewhere else. Maybe the mail server dislikes something uddeIM writes but I doubt that.

I wonder why the server does not send emails when the mail command is used. Maybe it is misconfigured.

Are you the administrator or is it a shared server?

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 11 months ago #79728 by slabbi
I found the problem:

1. You have configured Joomla to use SMTP but you have not enabled "mosMail" in uddeIM. The PHP mail command cannot be used on your server.

2. When you enable "mosMail" you have to provide a full sender name since your server has no default domain configured. So "webmaster" does not work, but "webmaster@igsclan.com" works fine.

I tested it with some PMs and it works correctly.

So it was NOT A BUG in uddeIM. As I said before: Most systems are not correct configured.

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/11/14 23:24

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• weazle
  • weazle
15 years 11 months ago #79793 by weazle
You know I tried both of those things, but I must have changed one of those items prior to the other change, so I re-created the problem again, even though I did make changes to both of those settings, just not at the same time!:pinch: Thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon