Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeIM Notifier 2.8 causes Cannot redeclare uddeIMmodCheckCB error

• JS01
  • JS01
11 years 10 months ago #214893 by JS01
Hi Slabbi,

Thank you very much for your help. Below I'll explain the solution so others can fix a similar issue.

Actually, in my case the uddeIM Notifier module is only installed *once* according to the "Extension Manager: Manage" list.

However, in "Module Manager: Modules" I by accident had assigned the uddeIM Notifier to two different module positions for the *same* menu items (in this case the Kunena menu), and *that* mistake triggered the error. So, the fix is to *avoid* duplicate menu assignment in the Module Manager.

Although it might not seem a bright idea to assign a module like the uddeIM Notifier to two different positions on the same page, this might actually come in handy for certain page layouts. Hence, I suggest that you consider to implement a sanity check that identify whether or not it's required to redeclare PHP functions :-)

Anyway, things work perfectly as expected now.

Thanks again !!!

/Jacob
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
11 years 10 months ago #214902 by slabbi
Thanks for explaining the problem in detail.

There is one additional issue: UddeIM registers an onload handler. It does not make sense to register this handler twice except you like to have two notifications.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

10 years 11 months ago #234219 by
Is there a way to avoid this even with 2 notifiers with 2 different settings installed? We are using 2 modules for users with different rights - but when moderators log on it messes up. A pity that simple double posting can be fatal here...

• slabbi
  • slabbi
10 years 11 months ago #234220 by slabbi
No, sorry, there is no way to avoid this. You could edit the file and rename all functions.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon