Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Unable to find and delete "2 Private Messages"

• baituo01
  • baituo01
12 years 1 month ago #210156 by baituo01
User has "2 Private Messages" according to uddeim popup, yet everything in their account has been deleted. Please reference attachment:

How can we correct this?

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 1 month ago #210169 by slabbi
Do you use the current version of mod_uddeim or an old version?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• baituo01
  • baituo01
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #210198 by baituo01
Using mod_uddeim 2.8

Cb 1.8

Joomla 1.5.6

PHP 5.3

This is actually happening for multiple users.

Thank you.

Actually that picture I attached didn't capture the indicator at the top of page (i cropped it out accidentally) where the cb login mod is located. you can see the "you have 2 private messages" blinking etc, yet all messages have been deleted.

When the user goes to their mailbox (mod_uddeim) via their profile where the mod is published in a tab, the messages are visible. one clicked, however, this message appears:

This message cannot be displayed.
Possible reasons:
You have no rights to read this message.
The message has been deleted.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by baituo01.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 1 month ago #210199 by slabbi
Have you upgraded uddeIM from a previous version?

Can you identify which messages are not counted? Are these user messages, uddeIM system messages or are these messages created by a 3rd party component?

The problem can only occur when you use an old mod_uddeim which counts the number of messages differently or when a third party component writes directly into uddeIM's tables and uses wrong values for certain fields.

When you have identified such a message that is counted by not displayed please send me an SQL dump from this message only to ssl(at)gmx(dot)de.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• baituo01
  • baituo01
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #210201 by baituo01
No, we did not upgrade. Downloaded uddeim 2.8 and that's all we've used. However, at one time we deleted all of uddeim and reinstalled.

The messages that can not be erased seem to all be coming from the site admin. Some are simple PMs to users, others are "You have a connection pending..." so I assume the answer to your question is: both "user" (admin) messages and system messages.

Note* Actually that picture I attached didn't capture the indicator at the top of page (i cropped it out accidentally) where the cb login mod is located. you can see the "you have 2 private messages" blinking etc, yet all messages have been deleted.

When the user goes to their mailbox (mod_uddeim) via their profile where the mod is published in a tab, the messages are visible. one clicked, however, this message appears:

This message cannot be displayed.
Possible reasons:
You have no rights to read this message.
The message has been deleted.

Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by baituo01.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 1 month ago #210204 by slabbi
I think we are talking about different things:

mod_uddeim is the module that is responsible for the message notification ("uddeIM Notifier") box and also shows a list of new messages.

This box should not show any message that is not longer available, and certainly does not.

The text "you have 2 private messages" is coming from cb_login module? If so it seems that the cb_login module does not count the messages correctly when it is a system message (e.g. connection pending) or a general message (usually coming from an admin).

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon