Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeIM always opens at the whole website

12 years 9 months ago #184842 by hangmansjoke
uddeIM always opens at the whole website was created by hangmansjoke
Hello,

I have installed the latest release of uddeIM and also the mod uddeIM_Mailbox.
I am using the latest version of joomla and the latest version of the kunena forum
I set it up so that te Mailbox is shown on the left side under the mainmenu and the usermenu of my website. now the problem is when i click on anything in the mailbox (e.g. inbox, new...) uddeIM opens at the whole website and you cant see the mainmenu and usermenu anymore, so there is no way back to the website.

i've seen on the official website there are several templates available and on every screenshot of those templates i can see it how i wanna have it (mailbox, usermenu and mainmenu on the left and the uddeIM on the main section of the website) so i think it is possible but i cant find the settings for it. uddeIM also set up a link in my kunena forum (located on the upper right corner) which has the same problem. so i wanna change the behavior of this link too (or just make that one disappear because as i got the mailbox on the left side i dont actually need that link in the upper right corner)

Thank you for any help in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 9 months ago #184848 by slabbi
Have you created a menu link to uddeIM component? If not please do so. This should solve your problem. If not, you have to check the Joomla settings for the module.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

12 years 9 months ago #184851 by hangmansjoke
Replied by hangmansjoke on topic Re: uddeIM always opens at the whole website
I have created a menu link for the uddeim component which i have assigned to the usermenu but its hidden because i wanna use the uddeim_mailbox menu for the uddeim component.
when i unhide the menu link for uddeIM and use it, it directs to the inbox and opens in the mainframe of the website (still showing the mainmenu, usermenu etc.) i can also change the config of the menu entry so that it opens in a new browser window. but nothing of that settings affects to the uddeIM_Mailbox module. In the settings for the Mailbox Module i cant find any settings for my problem.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 9 months ago #184853 by slabbi
This problem has been reported the first time, so I assume it is a Joomla setting which causes it.

Have you changed the itemid setting in uddeIM backend (it should be "0")?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #184855 by hangmansjoke
i cant remember that i changed something like that. but where do i find that so i can check if it's 0???

in fact i cant really find any settings for the mailbox module to configure how it shows up (to activate my mainmenu, usermenu...or let it open in a new window)
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by hangmansjoke.

12 years 9 months ago #184857 by hangmansjoke
Ok i got it right now...thanks for the help...problem solved :)

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon