Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeIM 2.5 has been released

• philreed
  • philreed
12 years 11 months ago #180611 by philreed
Replied by philreed on topic Re: uddeIM 2.5 has been released
Hi

I have installed uddeIM 2.5 on a Joomla 1.7 and it seems to work just fine. I just have one problem - whatever joomla template I use and whatever uddeUM display template I use I get the same issue - in the inbox (and outbox, trashed) listing the messages appear very far apart (about 100 pixels above and below) making it looks a bit horrible. Does anyone know how I can get each line of the email listing to disaply closer together? I have checked the CSS but can't see how to do it

Thanks for any support

Phil

ps great product by the way !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 11 months ago #180651 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: uddeIM 2.5 has been released
You can use the Web Developer Toolbar or Firebug for Firefox to debug CSS problems. Firebug allows to modify CSS settings "on the fly" so you can test changes without modifying the CSS file itself.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• philreed
  • philreed
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #180657 by philreed
Thanks

I am really confused :(

I assume that the css file is udeim.css (or possibly the useim-ie.css) and the attribute is .sectiontableentry1 ? Any changes I make to this have no effect and also if I actually delete the udeim.css file (or the useim-ie.css) altogether the page looks the same except that the header row (inbox outbox compose ...) gets messed up which is what I expect - but the table entries below (defined by sectiontableentry1 and sectiontableentry2) are not changed in any way.

The directory for udeim.css on the server is: /public_html/components/com_uddeim/templates/default/css

is this correct?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again . . . .
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by philreed.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 11 months ago #180659 by slabbi
"sectiontableentryN" is usually taken from the main template. uddeim.css may overwrite this setting in the #uddeim context. Some main templates prevent uddeIM to overwrite this style because of a wrong definition, so it might be necessary to add "!important;" in order to force the style definition.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• philreed
  • philreed
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #180679 by philreed
Hi

Thanks - I tried the !important; tag but to no avail.

However, I think I have a clue - looking at the page source that is acually rendered I see a height attribute set in the Table Definitions for the rows that contain the messages - here is one example:

<td style='text-align:center; vertical-align:middle; width:124px; height:102px;'>

Obviously the width attribute varies from column to column byt on each row the height is fixed at 102px. I have searched through every file in the uddeIM component but cannot find where this is defined - do you have any ideas where this could have come from ?

Note that it is the same (102px) regardless of which template I load so I assume it is not the master Joomla template that is the issue here.

Thanks once again

Phil R
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by philreed.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 11 months ago #180688 by slabbi
"102px" does not come from uddeIM. Do you use any mambot/plugin which modifies the HTML output?

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon