Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

CrossOrigin error

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 2 weeks ago #338653 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CrossOrigin error

In my searching, the error is supposed to apply when you preload a font from one path and then try to load it again with a different path. I am not doing that however and it appears to be a bug in this version of Chrome. No such errors on Firefox.

Given it's an external Google font trying to be loaded in it maybe your Joomla template as that's typically where fonts are loaded. Maybe there's a template setting to turn that off? I don't really recommend using external fonts as it leaks ip addresses of your users.

Funny, yet sad. Another error message on a different page with the same CB Font:

That's a change FireFox made and since we're using FontAwesome v4 there's no further updates to fix this. If you're on Joomla 4/5 you can set CBs FontAwesome to v6 compatible in CB > Configuration > Integrations and just use Joomla's FontAwesome. Alternatively you can just ignore the warning in the console as it's not going to cause any problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kdave321

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon