Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

Upgrading and additional details.

1 month 4 weeks ago #338477 by wintercorn
Upgrading and additional details. was created by wintercorn
We have several membership levels and allow upgrades upwards. All of the application forms contain different fields so the Full membership requires more detailed information that the Basic, for example. How do I force a user to complete the registration form relevant to their new, desired level and collect this information? At present it just requires a payment and nothing more.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 4 weeks ago #338479 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrading and additional details.
Under the Workflows tab you can set plans to hide fields that aren't relevant to that plan during registration. You can also use CB Conditional for this as it supports CB Paid Subscriptions plan conditioning. For profile edit you can use CBSubs Fields Tabs integration or CB Conditional. So for existing users you would need to collect that information after payment.

There is no way to require and capture additional fields during payment without developing a CBSubs integration plugin specifically to do that. In a future release we'll be implementing support for capturing additional required field data during payment, but that won't be until after CB 3.x as currently our fieldtypes are profile specific but in CB 3.x they'll just be generic reusable Joomla fieldtype plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wintercorn

1 month 4 weeks ago #338480 by wintercorn
Replied by wintercorn on topic Upgrading and additional details.
OK thanks. I already hide certain fields at registration but it would have been nice to collect further data upon upgrade.

1 month 4 weeks ago #338489 by wintercorn
Is it possible then to have the upgrade paused pending approval? Some members might not be qualified for upgrading.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 month 4 weeks ago #338492 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrading and additional details.
No, there's no functionality to force a payment to pause then collection information then collect payment.

Typically the way you'd deal with this is it sounds like you may have different profile types. So you'd have a select field for them to select their profile type. This would then present fields via CB Conditional to collect whatever information you need. This profile type would also be used to condition plans in CBSubs to only show plans relevant to their type.

If you can provide how you're trying to use subscriptions with profile data I can try and provide a more accurate recommendation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 3 weeks ago #338501 by wintercorn
OK how about using Auto Actions to change the Approved status to Unapproved following an upgrade? This would allow me to pull out the upgrades as a user list.

I tried with one example but it didn't work using the trigger OnAfterUserApproval, conditions - any plan after upgrade and setting the Approved field to 0.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon