Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

Profile layout change after CB 2.0 upgrade

• endoc
  • endoc
9 years 10 months ago #251429 by endoc
Replied by endoc on topic Profile layout change after CB 2.0 upgrade
I completed the upgrade, but it had no effect in making the links work as they should.

It's not the styling of the links that is the problem (that was more of an observation that the italic links aren't working and the non-italics are). The problem is that clicking on the tabs has no effect. I would be fine if there were purple polka dots, if they worked.

I'm out of ideas. I don't have a more basic template to go to and I haven't made any styling changes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 10 months ago #251430 by nant

endoc wrote: I completed the upgrade, but it had no effect in making the links work as they should.

It's not the styling of the links that is the problem (that was more of an observation that the italic links aren't working and the non-italics are). The problem is that clicking on the tabs has no effect. I would be fine if there were purple polka dots, if they worked.

I'm out of ideas. I don't have a more basic template to go to and I haven't made any styling changes.

Ok - Please take a look at our latest frontpage article here:

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18469-community-builder-201-released

It calls for updating existing CB add-ons your site may have to latest once released according to this compatibility status article:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

You have a number of old add-ons that need to be updated - please visit your Community Builder Plugin Management page and see all the outdated plugins (have a yellow triangle next to them).

For example your CB COnditional add-on is at version 1.8.7 while latest one released is at version 3.0.13! This alone may solve your issue.

If not you may need to unpublish the CB Conditional plugin as it is currently being rewritten for full CB 2.0 compatibility.

Please follow advise above and then post back here with feedback and additional issues if needed.

• endoc
  • endoc
9 years 10 months ago #251495 by endoc
Nick,

Thank you for the advise. Yes, there were several outdated plugins. I've updated them to the current versions, including the CB Conditional. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue. I then followed your instruction and have the CB Conditional plugin unpublished. No luck.

I then unpublished any potentially incompatible plugins not critically neccessary, leaving only the CBSubs and GroupJive plugins enabled. Still no improvement.

• endoc
  • endoc
9 years 10 months ago #251567 by endoc
My site is currently down and will be for the next few days. After I work out some other issues, can we resume trying to solve this problem?

• nant
  • nant
9 years 10 months ago #251585 by nant

endoc wrote: My site is currently down and will be for the next few days. After I work out some other issues, can we resume trying to solve this problem?

Sure

• endoc
  • endoc
9 years 10 months ago #251945 by endoc
Ok, I'm back up and going.

In addition to the profile appearance and links not working properly, I've noticed that my User lists have also changed appearance. Within the first record, the font also changes from normal to italic and continues as such for the entire list.

I did have a problem with the database during my upgrade to CB 2.0. The CB database tool identified the need to run the utility, and afterwards I received a 1054 error. I'm not a SQL expert, so I had one look into it and he reported a column was missing from the database and resolved it.

All this went down during the upgrade to CB 2.0. Is it possible that these errors are database-related?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon