Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

Profile layout change after CB 2.0 upgrade

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 10 months ago #251963 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile layout change after CB 2.0 upgrade
Upgrade to CB 2.0.2 then run CBs tools to see if any issues are present. After upgrading you may want to try running CB > Tools > Canvas Layout to ensure your profile layout is setup for CB 2.0 display. You may have styling conflicts coming from your Joomla template. CB 2.0 is always developed on a clean Joomla install using default Joomla templates so we can not account for 3rd party aggressive styling.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• endoc
  • endoc
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #252035 by endoc
Replied by endoc on topic Profile layout change after CB 2.0 upgrade
Thanks for the tips, Kyle.

I've followed your recommendations, and there was a database issue that required the Tools to fix it, but there was no improvement afterwards.

I'm using the Joomla default Beez template without any modifications.

I have since created a test site copy and am working off that version. Details are in the support ticket.

It is possible this is a database issue?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by endoc.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 10 months ago #252147 by nant

endoc wrote: Thanks for the tips, Kyle.

I've followed your recommendations, and there was a database issue that required the Tools to fix it, but there was no improvement afterwards.

I'm using the Joomla default Beez template without any modifications.

I have since created a test site copy and am working off that version. Details are in the support ticket.

It is possible this is a database issue?

Kyle managed to debug this (I could not).

Looks like you had your CB -> Configuration -> User Profile -> Empty Field Text set to something like: <i> - </u> (guess you were shooting for <i> - </i> ?).

Well this bad HTML on your part broke HTML on your profile.

Kyle fixed this on your test site and I am posting solution here for others to benefit from.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon