Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Integration - Bulk Edits is there a CB_JUICE

• jciconsult
  • jciconsult
17 years 9 months ago #25436 by jciconsult
I am involved with an association that is transitioning a traditional web site to Joomla. I am pushing for us to user community builder. One of the challenges is bulk edits.
Has anyone started on a CB version of Juice. It should probably be done through the CB plugin approach I think. I have looked at the code of both syncusers in comprofiler_backend and juice. I would be willing to tackle it as my winter programming project (programming is NOT my business) but only if better programmers are not working on something like this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 9 months ago #25496 by mikko
I had something in the works, but decided to cancel the development. The approach to use here would be to develop joomla component rather than cb plugin.

A version of this code can be found at www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,8542/catid,12/limit,6/limitstart,24/

mikko

• ptkho
  • ptkho
17 years 9 months ago #25503 by ptkho
It would be nice JCIconsult if you or someone else can continue to develop JUICE. A good suggestion from you would be a plugin for CB. However, if you like to continue as a Joomla component, that's fine by me. I'm glad to hear someone is willing to continue the development of JUICE.

BTW, you might take a look at extensions.joomla.org. There is a commercial component called JC User Import allowing to import bulks of users. This is unfortunately not opensource.

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 9 months ago #25517 by mikko
ptkho wrote:

It would be nice JCIconsult if you or someone else can continue to develop JUICE. A good suggestion from you would be a plugin for CB. However, if you like to continue as a Joomla component, that's fine by me. I'm glad to hear someone is willing to continue the development of JUICE.

You are a bit wrong here, since this obviously cannot be coded as CB plugin (or it might be technically possible, but plugins are not intended for this kind of enhancements). This, as well as advanced search and advanced userlist are much better as joomla components which use this CB tables.

mikko

• jciconsult
  • jciconsult
17 years 9 months ago #25528 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re:Integration - Bulk Edits is there a CB_JUICE
I had orriginally thought of this as a compoonent. I wanted to rethink it from ground up with respect to the upcoming database abstraction layer in Joomla 1.5. The essential issue is which API provides the best isolation from future Joomla changes. My suspicion is that a component tested under 1.5 is the best way to go. It will have to be a slow project for me because of constraints like earning a living but it might be fun.

The basic JUICE code looks reasonably straight forward.
Before I started to look at Juice, my thoughts on an approach would be to generate a temporary table with a field map to CB_comprofiler and then build the appropriate SQL to do the update first of jos_users and then of comprofiler, finishing with a sync_like process to check that it all hangs together. I have done similar approaches in other languages for similar issues.

I am going to spec out various approaches and then see whether I can allocate the time or whether I might just outsource it to a commercial house.

• billt
  • billt
17 years 9 months ago #26055 by billt
Will redo in another posting.

Post edited by: billt, at: 2006/12/07 02:15
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon