Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Getting: You can't access the private section of this site.

9 years 2 months ago #267773 by artshotwell
Yes, I see that I do have that menu. Still don't know why I can't get registered users to see anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Satchi
  • Satchi
9 years 2 months ago #267778 by Satchi

artshotwell wrote: Yes, I see that I do have that menu. Still don't know why I can't get registered users to see anything.

Is everything published?

Satchi

9 years 2 months ago #267779 by artshotwell
All menu items in both Community Builder menus are public and published. I'm using a CB Login module for login purposes.

• Satchi
  • Satchi
9 years 2 months ago #267795 by Satchi
Ok... Running out of ideas but more info might help.

1. This is a new installation, and has never shown menus and pages to registered users?
2. You installed a plug in (some piece of software) and this started?
3. You had a site up and running, and suddenly registered users can't see anything?

What else do you have installed CB, Joomla, Kunena and... ?

Thanks,

Satchi

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #267796 by artshotwell
Understandable questions... This site is a conversion from J 2.5. Which was a conversion from J 1.5. I have had CB installed since J 1.5 and had no problem with registered users. But, some time after move to J 2.5 this problem surfaced. I let it go until I moved to J 3.4.

Background: I have used Joomla to build around 40 Web sites for small local businesses and non-profits in my small town. This site, however, is a personal site. Non-commercial. Only one I've used CB on. Maybe I don't need CB. I let my Advanced Joomlapolis membership expire 'cause I can't justify the price for a Pro membership for this site alone. As a rule, I don't fiddle with permissions. I don't have a thorough-enough understanding of permissions to start fiddling around.

Got any suggestions? I don't really need a community. Just the ability to let people register so they can add to a community calendar, maybe Author users to write in a blog. I can't let unregistered users in to make any kind of changes. The site is under attack all day. Front end and back end. When I've opened the calendar additions to Public users, spam started appearing.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by artshotwell.

• Satchi
  • Satchi
9 years 2 months ago #267801 by Satchi
I'm willing to work through this with you but i need to know what apps you installed. At this point, it still looks like ACL to me.

I am a big fan of CB. I'd like to help you get it working.

That said, not every tool is a solution for every situation... If you just need blogs and calendar, there are easier ways to do that.

CB is incredibly powerful, but that comes at a cost of complexity and a learning curve.

No matter what you decide is best, if you use Joomla, you really should invest some time in learning the basics about structure and security. Especially if you are fighting trolls and spammers. :)

That's just my personal opinion, so take it or leave it.

Back to your issue...

Please let me know what else you have installed. And, probably a dumb question, but at what point did you last have a stable install? Do you have a backup from then?

Best to you,

Satchi

Moderators: beatnantkrileon