Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Tab design issue

• activha
  • activha
3 months 1 week ago #338450 by activha
Tab design issue was created by activha
Hello Kyle

I have an issue with CB displaying CB activity tab with CB groupjive events that I cannot fix.

On profiles like  cercle.business/profil/demotest1 the CB Activity tab display is wrong with CB events (try to filter by Campagne). It does not fit in the page.

But on the same display when in CB Groupjive everything is fine :  cercle.business/pages/13-campagnes-marketing/55-activ-h-a

Can you find out what happens in the Profile tab display which could mess it ?

thanks a lot on this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 1 week ago #338452 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Tab design issue
You've an iframe in the group event with a static width and height. You need to be sure you give it a responsive CSS class. A good way to do this using Bootstrap is to use aspect ratio wrappers.

getbootstrap.com/docs/5.3/helpers/ratio/#example

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
3 months 16 hours ago - 3 months 16 hours ago #338554 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Tab design issue
going further on this, could you check if you have a cleaning feature for html when adding events ?

We just noticed that GJ Events would strip the controls tag in video html5 elements.

for instance
Code:
<p>     <video controls src="files/videos/Monia-v2.mp4" poster="files/videos/users/41/welcome-to-MoniA-fr-v2.png" width="1280" height="720" style="display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;"></video> </p>
is being saved as 
Code:
<p>     <video controls="files/videos/Monia-v2.mp4" poster="files/videos/users/41/welcome-to-MoniA-fr-v2.png" width="1280" height="720" style="display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;"></video> </p>

I tried without any editor and still get this result.
The only solution was to put controls in the middle of the code, but this is not what standard editors do. Also with this, poster is suppressed and replaced by controls
Code:
<p>     <video src="files/videos/Monia-v2.mp4" controls="files/videos/users/41/welcome-to-MoniA-fr-v2.png" width="1280" height="720" style="display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;"></video> </p>
Last edit: 3 months 16 hours ago by activha.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 15 hours ago #338558 by krileon
It's possible the HTML filtering is causing it. Use controls="controls" instead as it probably isn't happy about an empty attribute. In CB 3.x we'll be replacing our filtering with Joomla's, which has parameters to better control cleaning processes. Will see if we can go ahead with replacing our processing with Joomla's internally now though as that might be possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
3 months 14 hours ago #338559 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Tab design issue
I'll try but this is an important issue for our users as the editors like JCE or TinyMCE does not use controls="controls" but only controls in the html

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 14 hours ago #338561 by krileon
Tested with a editor field in profile edit on Joomla 5 using TinyMCE. The below was my results without any changes to CB.

FROM
Code:
<p> <video controls src="files/videos/Monia-v2.mp4" poster="files/videos/users/41/welcome-to-MoniA-fr-v2.png" width="1280" height="720" style="display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;"></video> </p>
TO
Code:
<p><video style="display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;" src="files/videos/Monia-v2.mp4" poster="files/videos/users/41/welcome-to-MoniA-fr-v2.png" controls="controls" width="1280" height="720"></video></p>

What Joomla version are you using? Are you on latest CB build? It auto corrects the empty controls attribute fine in my tests. Will review updating our input filter to skip valid empty attributes though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon