Skip to Content Skip to Menu

🏖 End of summer sale! Savings on all memberships including single add-ons! Get 25% off now with code SUMMER25!

CB antispam cloudflare issue

• activha
  • activha
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #338356 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB antispam cloudflare issue
Just tried hCaptcha and Turnstile again on the devel website.
Cloudflare seems to have CORS issues despite the fact that we authorize * on our server
hCaptcha does not issue any errors or CORS issue but the page always return Invalid Captcha code

Code Internal is working perfectly fine

You can look at the page at devel.cercle.business/cb-forgot-login
All seems fine and the widgets display ok, but as soon as you post the page, you get the Invalid Captcha code message even if the xhr checksiteconfig returns pass=true

PS you can test with lost id and my email
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by activha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 2 weeks ago #338357 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB antispam cloudflare issue
Not sure what to suggest. I've retested both test and live keys and secrets for both Turnstile and hCaptcha. If both are continuing to fail it's likely something conflicting or the secrets are not configured correctly or possibly the domain is not configured correctly and the verify request is being rejected. The only other possibility is something is interfering with the POST of the form and causing the captcha token to be lost.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 2 weeks ago #338358 by krileon
Do you have an Enterprise/Pro hCaptcha account? That provides score based captcha. If so what is "Score Threshold" set to? Default it should be set to 0.5, but this only applies for Enterprise/Pro accounts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 2 weeks ago #338359 by krileon
I was able to find a bug with hCaptcha submitting twice client side. So this maybe what is causing a mix-up in the token before submit for server verification. It didn't cause any problems in my tests though, but have fixed it regardless in latest CB AntiSpam build release. Please let me know if that resolves your issue. I will keep digging to see if there's any possible potential issue that could be causing this, but am running out of ideas unfortunately. If issue does persist please PM backend super user login credentials for your development site and will try some test builds to output some extra debug information.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• activha
  • activha
2 months 2 weeks ago #338361 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB antispam cloudflare issue
Very strange the latest build solved the issue on the devel website both for hCaptcha and Turnstile :-)
I still have the CORS warning on Turnstile though but it did not block the page from resending the userid

Do you think these CORS warnings are an issue for business users ?

For hCaptcha this is a test free account and I need to choose between the two services now, maybe hCaptcha would be better

Anyway I'll test deeper but most issues seem solved

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 2 weeks ago #338362 by krileon

Very strange the latest build solved the issue on the devel website both for hCaptcha and Turnstile

Awesome! Thank you for letting us know. 😊

I still have the CORS warning on Turnstile though but it did not block the page from resending the userid

Do you think these CORS warnings are an issue for business users ?

I would recommend looking into fixing the CORS issues if you intend on using Turnstile.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon