Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Profile layout change after CB 2.0 upgrade

• endoc
  • endoc
9 years 9 months ago #250185 by endoc
Hello,

I just upgraded to CB 2.0 stable and noticed a frontend profile layout change that I hope to reverse.

I unpublished the canvas image, as well as the the items in the tab menu which cleaned up some of the additions.

Here are the formatting issues that I need to correct:

1) The "Edit" button is now much larger and occupies too much space. The same is true for the tabs in the main area. Additionally

2) The "user status" module should be positioned to the right of the profile image, but is located underneath. This is in spite of the position appearing to be correct on the tab management page.

3) There is now a "More" tab in the main area and the remaining tabs are hidden until this "More" tab is pressed. How can I disable the truncation of the tabs?

4) The profile page (in general) appears to have changed its template, even though I selected the Coolness template from the CB>Configuration>User Profile template dropdown menu.

Can you provide some assistance on how to revert these layouts to the pre-upgrade appearance?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #250254 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile layout change after CB 2.0 upgrade
You're using CB 2.0 with the Coolness template. The coolness template is not compatible with CB 2.0 as we've provided below on our compatibility matrix.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

You need to ensure the Default template is being used within CB > Configuration. You then need to run the Canvas tool within CB > Tools. This completes the upgrade process and adjusts tabs for the canvas position. Using the Coolness CB template is the cause of many of your style issues as it is not CB 2.0 ready.

There is no going back. The profile has been completely rewritten and restyled. You may or may not be able to use the Coolness template with CB 2.0 since it is not compatible with CB 2.0 HTML output. We're working on having Coolness and our other templates upgraded.

3) There is now a "More" tab in the main area and the remaining tabs are hidden until this "More" tab is pressed. How can I disable the truncation of the tabs?

That's where Nested tabs go when using the canvas main position with tab display. Change your tabs to not be a nested display and they won't go there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by krileon.

• endoc
  • endoc
9 years 9 months ago #250731 by endoc
Replied by endoc on topic Profile layout change after CB 2.0 upgrade
Kyle,

Thank you for the response. I will wait for the revised template and make do for now. Your suggestions made a big difference for the better.

I do, unfortunately, have a new formatting problem with the Profile after making those changes. I moved the tabs from the "Nested Tab" to the "Tab Menu". That resulted in a slider menu bar for the tabs. I would prefer for all the tabs to be visible at once rather than a slider format, if possible. The formatting is not my main concern, however. Most of the links in the tabs now display but have become nonfunctional.

These tab links are now in 2 different colors: Grey for the ones that work properly (i.e. change the displayed info in the main body of the profile view) and italic blue for the links that are unresponsive when clicked on. (See example #1 image attached)

I've also noticed that if I move the tab to another location, it will change the functionality of the tabs remaining in the Tab menu. For example, I moved "Contact Info" from "Tab Menu" to "Tab Horizontal" and it then became blue and nonfunctional, even though it worked in the Tab Menu. (See example #2 image attached)

In summary, I've lost the ability to use the tabs in the profile after the upgrade to CB 2.0. Do you have any suggestions on getting them to work again?

One more question: How can I improve (or remove) the appearance of the "Views" box embedded in the lower right of the canvas image?

Thanks for your help.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 9 months ago #250743 by krileon

I do, unfortunately, have a new formatting problem with the Profile after making those changes. I moved the tabs from the "Nested Tab" to the "Tab Menu". That resulted in a slider menu bar for the tabs. I would prefer for all the tabs to be visible at once rather than a slider format, if possible. The formatting is not my main concern, however. Most of the links in the tabs now display but have become nonfunctional.

There's not enough space there to show all your tabs. When tabs overflow in that position they become auto-scrollable with scroll arrows. The only way to stop that is make more space available by allowing larger content display or shortening your tab titles. Nested tabs creates a button with a dropdown menu for more tabs. That is the new functionality of nested tabs.

These tab links are now in 2 different colors: Grey for the ones that work properly (i.e. change the displayed info in the main body of the profile view) and italic blue for the links that are unresponsive when clicked on. (See example #1 image attached)

That's your Joomla template styling interfering with the profile styling. Switch to default Joomla template to have a better idea of what it should look like. As explained the Coolness template is not compatible yet so you are going to have styling conflicts.

I've also noticed that if I move the tab to another location, it will change the functionality of the tabs remaining in the Tab menu. For example, I moved "Contact Info" from "Tab Menu" to "Tab Horizontal" and it then became blue and nonfunctional, even though it worked in the Tab Menu. (See example #2 image attached)

If you don't want tabs in the canvas main positions then move them to the normal main positions and your tabs will behave like they did in CB 1.x. That position is specifically to create a canvas menu usage for tabs. All the CB 1.x tab positions are still there, so if you want you can move all your tabs back to the old positions.

In summary, I've lost the ability to use the tabs in the profile after the upgrade to CB 2.0. Do you have any suggestions on getting them to work again?

The tabs are working fine. Your issue is purely styling related, which I have already explained what the cause of this is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• endoc
  • endoc
9 years 9 months ago #251219 by endoc
Replied by endoc on topic Profile layout change after CB 2.0 upgrade
Thank you for your patience while I try to work through these minor issues.

I've updated to the Joomla default template as well as all the current CB add-ons. I did have a database column error that required some fixing. After all is done, the profile links are still not entirely working.

I can get usually 2 links to work on the Canvas Main Middle tab location. If I add or take away items from that position, the links that previously worked may not anymore. It seems to be dependent on what other tabs are positioned there. A good example is the "Payments/Subscription" item. It is in the green italicized font and unresponsive if I click on it. If I take "Additional information" away (which is a working link), the Payments link then becomes functional. See attachments.

If I put tabs in the "Main area" they may or may not work, depending on what other tabs are there.

My template is the Beez5, very basic Joomla default. Is this still a template issue?
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 9 months ago #251239 by krileon
Please ensure you're using the latest nightly which you can download from below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

Yes, you still have styling conflicts. I've no idea why your font is italic and green, but that's not coded into CBs styling.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon