Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Maping Plugin

• Xlym
  • Xlym
3 months 3 days ago #338522 by Xlym
CB Maping Plugin was created by Xlym
Any chance, CB can get a very basic map plugin. 

Currently, there are two options for mapping users:

1. One of the plugins is super buggy with CB
   2. Another, has cobwebs in their forums.
   3. Both only work on backward compatibility
   4. Updates are mostly bugfixes
   5. Both cost about 50 Euros. 

Please let me know about any alternatives to My Maps Locations and Hotspots. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 2 days ago #338526 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Maping Plugin
What exactly are you needing the mapping plugin to do? What issues are you having with the existing extensions?

We do have several new plugins planned after CB 3.x and one is a mapping plugin so it's possible we'll be able to provide this in the future. It might just be an extension to userlists though so it could go core and be included in CB. I'm unsure of the full details at the time as it's too early to say.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Xlym
  • Xlym
3 months 2 days ago - 3 months 2 days ago #338530 by Xlym
Replied by Xlym on topic CB Maping Plugin
What exactly are you needing the mapping plugin to do? 

1. Allow a user to drop a map pin of their location on a map.
   2. Display multiple users on a map using a menu item on the front end. 
   3. An extension to userlists would be fine.

What issues are you having with the existing extensions?

1. Hotspots has cobwebs in their forum and changelog
   2. My Maps Location:
       a. The attached image shows some bugs I found when using My Maps Location.
       b. The changelog does not show bug fixes as of yet.
       c. It seems that this extension works well as a stand-alone, but not with CB.
      d. I tried another of their products with the same results.

I don't mind waiting for a quality product from Joomlapolis! 

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 2 days ago by Xlym.

• Xlym
  • Xlym
3 months 2 days ago #338532 by Xlym
Replied by Xlym on topic CB Maping Plugin
Before using CB, I used Easy-Profile.
The coder over there was truly an elite coder with a top-notch Joomla Profile and Map extension. 
However, the coder fell ill and Easy-Profile was not made compatible with Joomla 4. 
Currently, a few recent posts suggest using CB.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 2 days ago #338533 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Maping Plugin
If you just need to pin locations to share them CB Activity has this functionality built in, but does not have map aggregation (multiple pins on 1 post). It supports Google Maps and Open Street Maps. So #2 would be complicated, but possibly doable using the location data stored in CB Activity. It's something we can consider for a future release, but there aren't any immediate plans as we'll be focusing on CB 3.x pretty heavily soon (we've finalized our architecture plans and will provide details probably next month).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon