Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Error "Guzzle requires cURL, the allow_url_fopen ini setting, ..."

• ahlgrimm
  • ahlgrimm
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #302452 by ahlgrimm
Hi,
since update to Joomla 3.8.5 and CB 2.1.3 I get an error in Joomla controlcenter:
"0 Guzzle requires cURL, the allow_url_fopen ini setting, or a custom HTTP adapter."

When I try to open the CB configuration I get an empty page with the same error.

Has that something to do with CB or is it a Joomla-problem with server configuration?

Best regards
Uwe Ahlgrimm
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #302481 by krileon
cURL isn't configured on your server. Contact your host to have them enable it if you're unsure how. Guzzle is CBs library for making HTTP requests and we've a plugin version checker on Joomlas backend control panel that's failing since CB can't seam to make HTTP requests by any means.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ahlgrimm
  • ahlgrimm
6 years 6 months ago #302509 by ahlgrimm
OK, thanks! I ask the admin of the provider.

Best regards
Uwe

• ahlgrimm
  • ahlgrimm
6 years 6 months ago #302516 by ahlgrimm
Hi Kyle,
the admin configured cUrl and turns on the allow_url_fopen, but he told me, that this is a potential security risk! He will turn it off again and I think this is right. Why does the new version of CB needs cUrl - the old version (1.9) made no problems. When allow_url_fopen is off I can't use the CB configuration anymore ...

Best regards
Uwe

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #302533 by krileon
allow_url_fopen is not necessary. It's not enabled in my test environment either. Guzzle only falls back to fopen if cURL fails. So cURL is not configured properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ahlgrimm

• ahlgrimm
  • ahlgrimm
6 years 6 months ago #302580 by ahlgrimm
Yes - that was exactly the problem! cURL ist now working!

Thanks
Uwe

Moderators: beatnantkrileon