Skip to Content Skip to Menu

SSL or Move Issue

7 years 2 weeks ago #296867 by HHHRACING23X
SSL or Move Issue was created by HHHRACING23X
I recently moved one of my joomla sites to a new host. With this move I also went with a certificate and turned on SSL for the entire site. I can no longer access the CB login page or any of Community Builder in the back end administration page. The original site is up and running at www.kamasklassics.com/login and works. The new site which was an exact copy of this site is at utahclassiccars.com/ . To make the copy I exported the mysql database, downloaded the files from the old site via ftp, uploaded the database and files to the new site, and edited the main joomla configuration.php file to reflect the new database and url. I have tried turning SSL off to see if it was the move that broke it or the SSL that broke it. There was no difference between whether SSL was on or off. Unfortunately I never tested the login after I moved it and before I turned on SSL in the Joomla backend so I don't know if it was working after the move. Everything was changed as far as I can tell to reflect the new domain name and everything but CB isn't working. When I go to either the login page or any of the CB menu items in the backend I get an error of 0 - syntax error, unexpected end of file. I am hoping somewhere there is a small edit I need to make on a file to fix it either for the move or for SSL. I don't want to turn off SSL unless I absolutely have to for CB to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago #296871 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic SSL or Move Issue
As you didn't test before enabling SSL you've no idea if it never worked to begin with after the move. Disable SSL and retest to see if that's the cause or if it just isn't working in general due to the move. To properly move you need a full 1:1 export of the file and database structure. Once imported adjust configuration.php accordingly (leave live_site empty).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon