Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Anybody currently using CBsubs as a gatekeeper for a Classified Ads extension?

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 9 months ago #288346 by mikerotec
I see that DJ-classifieds offers a "CB-user extension", so CB users can pull up a tab with their classified ads.

But I am curious how integrated DJ-classifieds can be with CB-subs...
Is just a simple "must be Paid subscriber to post classified ads" function possible more or less "out of the box"??

Also plan to audition JomClassifieds, maybe others... Looking for painless integration with CB/CBsubs!

"TIA"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 9 months ago #288349 by krileon
No idea. CBSubs can't really add functionality that doesn't exist. In a lot of cases it's simply protecting access to various URLs so for example you could require a subscription to post classified ads. However if you wanted something like subscribe to post 5 classified ads then the extension needs to have support for that on a per-user basis that CBSubs can simply change the value of (e.g. with CBSubs SQL Actions and a database query).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 9 months ago #288351 by mikerotec
Thanks krileon! I wasn't around back when our CBsubs (etc) was initially set up, and that was way back in CBV1.4 or something... can you point me to the relevant doc describing current 'best practice' for protecting a page?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 9 months ago #288381 by krileon
Typically you'll need to use By URL Part protection provided by CBSubs Content. You can find the parameter under Integrations > Extensions while editing your plans. See pages 485-486 of the CBSubs Manual for an example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 9 months ago #288439 by mikerotec
where is that doc hiding again? This link is empty: www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/272-cb-paid-subscriptions

I have the cbsubs V3.0 manual, ( 27.December.2012 ) but there nothing about that stuff on Page485 ...

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 9 months ago #288460 by krileon
All of our downloads are found on our single download page below. Our downloads page has filters on the right to quickly filter down to documents for example.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Add-ons with documentation also have a link to download their documentation on their add-on page. CBSubs page can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-paid-subscriptions

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon