Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Assigning users to lists

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #288286 by splnenysen
Assigning users to lists was created by splnenysen
Hi, I'd like to point out that I have gone all over the documentation and gazillions of forum topics and just didn't find the answer to my problem. Maybe I am looking for the wrong thing or just not seeing what I need even if it's there. Sorry if that's the case.
My problem -

I run Joomla 3x and the latest CB (2.0.15+build.2016.11.24.00.18.19.ddc99c3fc). I created a few fake users for testing purposes using CB menu - User mangager - Add new user. Now - how do I "tell CB" that user 1 belongs to user list A and user 2 belongs to user list B ? Just can't figure that !!! I have gone all over the configuration, what am I missing ? Also, I have a page where users can search other users based on criteria like name, email etc. Search can't find any users. In the top right corner of that page there is a drop down list with my user lists and opposite to it is a message "0 members" no matter what list I choose. How do I populate the user lists with members ?

Thank you so much for help.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by splnenysen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
7 years 9 months ago #288294 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Assigning users to lists

splnenysen wrote: Hi, I'd like to point out that I have gone all over the documentation and gazillions of forum topics and just didn't find the answer to my problem. Maybe I am looking for the wrong thing or just not seeing what I need even if it's there. Sorry if that's the case.
My problem -

I run Joomla 3x and the latest CB (2.0.15+build.2016.11.24.00.18.19.ddc99c3fc). I created a few fake users for testing purposes using CB menu - User mangager - Add new user. Now - how do I "tell CB" that user 1 belongs to user list A and user 2 belongs to user list B ? Just can't figure that !!! I have gone all over the configuration, what am I missing ? Also, I have a page where users can search other users based on criteria like name, email etc. Search can't find any users. In the top right corner of that page there is a drop down list with my user lists and opposite to it is a message "0 members" no matter what list I choose. How do I populate the user lists with members ?

Thank you so much for help.

If you did go through the documentation then I guess it was not good enough.

You do not add users to lists.

You create lists based on user data.

So you can -- for example -- have a CB field (dropdown single select) that can contain values like: list1, list2, list3, etc and then just create a user list filtering users that have their CB field set to list1. Then another list that filters on the value list2, etc.

I believe that I even have some video tutorials on this.

If you still need help please consider getting a professional membership as it will give you access to more addons and pais support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon