Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can I use CB for job seekers and job offers?

• deonholt
  • deonholt
7 years 10 months ago #287646 by deonholt
Hi there and thank you so long for your help.

I am doing our non-profitable business' web site. It is a support site for men, by men, www.joshua2415.co.za
One of the things we want to do now, is where people can leave their details on the site if they are looking for jobs. The other side of the coin is that company's who have vacancies can put it on our site.
I have watched and did myself all tutorial videos up and till number 21. I must congratulate you on these tutorials.
Will I be able to design a community for job seekers and companies who have jobs? To upload your CV to the site is easy and I can do that. The thing I still need to figure out is the searchable fields. Let me explain ... I want to make sure that the job titles are spelled correctly, otherwise we are going to have mechanic, machenic and every possible wrong spelling available. I don't know how many fields will be needed:
1. Name
2. Surname
3. normal registration stuff plus date of birth, marital status, job status and so on.
4. I was thinking about three fields for the job seekers: job title/description, short paragraph to say something about yourself and a field to upload your CV.
Needless to say I will need to have the privacy extension.

I will appreciate any thought and recommendations.

Regards,
Deon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 10 months ago #287665 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can I use CB for job seekers and job offers?
I would just have 2 userlists. I would use a select or radio field to specify your job status (e.g. Looking For, Seeking Work, or Neither). If they're Looking For I'd use CB Conditional to show a group of fields to describe what position they're looking to fill. Then the userlist would display all users with that field value set and also display the fields regarding the position. Your other userlist would do the same, but for Seeking Work so you'd have a group of CV based fields (e.g. basic resume information) as well as a file field to attach an actual CV. CB, CB Conditional, and CB Privacy should be able to handle your usecase. Feel free to try them out on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon