Skip to Content Skip to Menu

List content changes when changing moderator access level.

• scubabyss
  • scubabyss
7 years 10 months ago #287639 by scubabyss
I have a simple list with all members belonging to a user group "Adhérent" and with an access level set to "Adhérent". All users are at least members of "Adhérent" group. Somme are also member of child groups.
I have set a Moderators View Access Level called "CB Moderator" Moderator group is a child of "Adhérent".

List displayed on Frontend is not complete. Many members are missing.

If I change the Moderators View Access to "Adhérent", the list becomes complete but then all members will become moderators !

It seems that there is a bug as there are not many choices involved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• scubabyss
  • scubabyss
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #287640 by scubabyss
I confirm the bug.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by scubabyss.

• nant
  • nant
  • scubabyss
  • scubabyss
7 years 10 months ago #287648 by scubabyss
Very sorry about that :

Database Version 5.5.52-0+deb7u1-log
PHP Version 5.6.21
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.6.4 Stable
CB version 2.0.15

There is no error message : The list is only displayed on front end completely if I set "Moderator View Access" to a given view access. Moderator view access should not interfere with the list view access.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #287666 by krileon
The userlist displays users from the usergroups you have selected. The access parameter is strictly in regards to who can see the userlist. In that regard ensure your view access level correctly has all the necessary usergroups selected. The usergroup selection is absolute; this means the user must exactly have the one of the selected usergroups or they won't display. None of this has anything to do with CB Moderators. In fact they're not even checked in the query as there's no reason to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by krileon.

• scubabyss
  • scubabyss
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #287690 by scubabyss
Thank you for your concern and response.

krileon wrote: The userlist displays users from the usergroups you have selected. The access parameter is strictly in regards to how can see the userlist. In that regard ensure your view access level correctly has all the necessary usergroups selected.

I have checked : I ticked all usergroups in the "Adhérent" Access Level. The Adhérent View access is the one attributed to the list.
I have more than two child usergroups in the Adhérent Usergroup but assume I have only two : "Author" and "CB Moderator".
Some users will be only Adhérent, some will be Adhérent and Author, some will be "Adhérent", "Author" and "CB Moderator".

I selected the 3 usergroups "Adhérent" and "Author" and "CB Moderator" in the multiple selection User Groups of the CB list.

krileon wrote: The usergroup selection is absolute; this means the user must exactly have the one of the selected usergroups or they won't display. None of this has anything to do with CB Moderators. In fact they're not even checked in the query as there's no reason to.

When CB moderator is set as "Adhérent" and when connected as a simple Adhérent user, I can see the complete list.
When CB moderator is set as "Adhérent" and when connected as a multiple Adhérent/Author user, I can see the complete list.
When CB moderator is set as "Adhérent" and when connected as a multiple Adhérent/Author/CB Moderator user, I can see the complete list.

When CB moderator is set as "CB moderator" and when connected as a simple Adhérent user, the list is truncated.
When CB moderator is set as "CB moderator" and when connected as a multiple Adhérent/Author user, the list is truncated.
When CB moderator is set as "CB moderator" and when connected as a multiple Adhérent/Author/CB Moderator user, I can see the complete list.

List is also complete when CB moderator field is set at "Registered" access with is parent of "Adhérent" access

For sure in my configuration this CB Moderators field in CB configuration is checked !

I have tried to find-out if a particular configuration of multiple usergroups would be common to missing user in the list nut did not find any correlation.

I understand that it could be an error from my View Access and User Groups management but anyway I cannot see with I have this list variation depending on the CB Moderators field.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by scubabyss. Reason: additional information

Moderators: beatnantkrileon