Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to allow moderators to modify read-only field from frontend

• scubabyss
  • scubabyss
7 years 11 months ago #286956 by scubabyss
How to allow moderators to modify read-only field from frontend ?
I have moderators of user profiles. Users cannot modify a few fields that are reserved to the site managers.

On frontend, moderators cannot modify these fields. I have given them proper right in the permission of Joomla to the component as well as in CB Configuration (View access level "Moderator access level" as well as "Moderator and super admin can modify profile"), a "Moderator Joomla group" and a "Moderator joomla access level" to the moderator users.

The worse is that even with my status of super admin I cannot modify those fields as well.

What should be done to get this working ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
7 years 11 months ago #286961 by nant

scubabyss wrote: How to allow moderators to modify read-only field from frontend ?
I have moderators of user profiles. Users cannot modify a few fields that are reserved to the site managers.

On frontend, moderators cannot modify these fields. I have given them proper right in the permission of Joomla to the component as well as in CB Configuration (View access level "Moderator access level" as well as "Moderator and super admin can modify profile"), a "Moderator Joomla group" and a "Moderator joomla access level" to the moderator users.

The worse is that even with my status of super admin I cannot modify those fields as well.

What should be done to get this working ?

Read only fields ca only be edited from backend.

You can configure a similar use case using the CB Privacy add-on (Professional membership needed)

• scubabyss
  • scubabyss
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #286963 by scubabyss
Many thanks. That's just good to know I have to stop searching where is my mistake.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by scubabyss.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon