Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User Management Screen Custom Fields

• SCLRWeb
  • SCLRWeb
7 years 11 months ago #286695 by SCLRWeb
User Management Screen Custom Fields was created by SCLRWeb
Is it possible to customize the Tables / Fields shown on the user Management Screen?

Would like to be able to see our Custom Field "Member ID" so we can easily identify it when looking to see who has / has not been assigned one or the next available.

yes doing a solution via adding tables and using next available works - but for us with not too many joining its just as easy to manually do it.

Example Attached of what it currently looks like

would Trade "Online" for that or just add it next to Online

actual id for our custom field " cb_membernum"

don't mind editing a core php file - just need to know which one.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago #286846 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User Management Screen Custom Fields
No, not without a custom plugin to add to the XML like CBSubs does.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• SCLRWeb
  • SCLRWeb
7 years 11 months ago #286854 by SCLRWeb
Replied by SCLRWeb on topic User Management Screen Custom Fields
yes i see you've answered the same question 100 times...
with the same answer and with little direction to any actual information..

Check the links in my signature...
yeah
the request comes up all the time and all over the place...

meaning - the core files will probably get edited to get what is needed quickly vs developing a plugin

more surprised with a request like that - that it hasn't been done yet or one show up somewhere that others have built.
understandably CB doesn't need to make the plugin - you guys have done plenty & very good at what you've currently done / continue to do.

every update re-edit core files and cause other issues - YUP I get it...

--- basically I was asking to see what others have done, I am aware YOU DO NOT CONDONE / Wish to be part of this solution.

I should have noted that in the original question.
that was my mistake - probably posted in the wrong area as well.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #286894 by krileon
No other extension offers this beyond reporting extensions specifically designed for it. Other extensions don't even offer a way to extend their views beyond core edits. Our XML is entirely extensible. All the views can be extended with a plugin that contains nothing but XML views. This means a plugin with 1-3 files can extend a view if it wants. I've already provided how to do this below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/233418-add-columns-to-the-user-table-in-the-back-end-user-management#281010

The only thing that topic doesn't cover is the plugin creation which can be deduced from existing plugins easily enough, but if anyone has trouble with that all they have to do is ask.

You're upset with me for not providing you or other topics like this with information I have already provided. That topic subject even literally says "add columns to the user table in the back end user management". Doing so with the XML ensures you can not lose your custom changes with upgrades as you aren't modifying core code, but just extending core views.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by krileon.

• SCLRWeb
  • SCLRWeb
7 years 11 months ago #286901 by SCLRWeb
Replied by SCLRWeb on topic User Management Screen Custom Fields
searched for several hours and didn't come up with anything..

yes its a pain when having to paste the same answers over and over... understand ...

which is why my primary issue is - read the documentation... without specifically calling out which page... 34 - which was probably years old at the time I was searching over the past month when I had time.

the link provided is much better - I will work with that.
Generally I'll purchase and repurchase the developer level for continued support - not because I am a developer

(would be good to be able to change our USERNAME in Joomlapolis)

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago #286909 by krileon
I honestly don't recall where you asked this or where you were told it's in the documentation. If it's not in the support forums you've very little chance a staff member is going to even answer you. Duplicate topics in support forums are usually just replied to with a link to a topic where it was already solved if possible otherwise we just answer again. As a Developer subscriber all your support topics should always be in the Developer forums. I apologize that you've had such a hard time with this. Please open a developer support topic if you need further help with the plugin to extend user management view.

(would be good to be able to change our USERNAME in Joomlapolis)

Use the contact us form below to request a username change or PM Nick directly.

www.joomlapolis.com/contact-us

We don't permit regular username changes to allow the user base to become better familiar with one another. It's easy for someone to say be a jerk and change their username then hiding in the anonymity of the internet.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCLRWeb

Moderators: beatnantkrileon