Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB 2.0.14 + GroupJive 2.7.0

8 years 5 months ago #280568 by tjohns92109
CB 2.0.14 + GroupJive 2.7.0 was created by tjohns92109
I purchased a membership a while ago and when I downloaded CB I also downloaded the latest version of Group Jive, which said it might not be compatible with the CB 2.x.

I see now that there is finally a new version of GroupJive that is made for CB 2.x. Since my membership is no longer valid, I'm wondering what issues I might have using the newest version of CB with GroupJive 2.7.0.

I'd just like to eliminate any surprises down the road. Much appreciated - especially since I paid for a membership to download CB and Group Jive and was never given the opportunity to download a version of Group Jive that was compatible with the latest version of CB at the time. I feel as though I should have been given a 'rain check', but oh well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #280569 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic CB 2.0.14 + GroupJive 2.7.0
You can disregard this post for now... I installed 2.7.0 and remembered what a nightmare it is. I don't need 100+ tabs of options just to add a grouping/category functionality to community builder. I love Community Builder but hate Group Jive. Maybe things have changed and it's easier to use the new Group Jive, but I'd rather try to custom code the functionality I need as opposed to using such a very complex system to manage it. After looking at it, I realized it's a big job for a simple task and I'm going to find another way to do it.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 5 months ago #280570 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB 2.0.14 + GroupJive 2.7.0
Feel free to download and read the GroupJive Primer Book and see what the new GroupJive looks like:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/docman/doc_details/792-groupjive-primer-book

8 years 5 months ago #280571 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic CB 2.0.14 + GroupJive 2.7.0
Nice job on the interface... looks really nice.

I'm still thinking my needs are too simple for such functionality... to simply separate the users into groups with no special function except maybe create new groups. I figured out I can do that with a multi-select dropdown field. And I can make a simple custom form to add groups to the jos_comprofiler_field_values table. Will make life much easier for me.

I'll definitely re-consider using groupjive in the future when I run into projects where more functionality is needed there.

Thanks for the quick response, Nick!

• nant
  • nant
8 years 5 months ago #280584 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB 2.0.14 + GroupJive 2.7.0

tjohns92109 wrote: Nice job on the interface... looks really nice.

I'm still thinking my needs are too simple for such functionality... to simply separate the users into groups with no special function except maybe create new groups. I figured out I can do that with a multi-select dropdown field. And I can make a simple custom form to add groups to the jos_comprofiler_field_values table. Will make life much easier for me.

I'll definitely re-consider using groupjive in the future when I run into projects where more functionality is needed there.

Thanks for the quick response, Nick!

Yup, is all you want is to group users together for listing purposed, then a simple CB field is the right solution.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon