Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Issue with new members registering

• ksuchdeve
  • ksuchdeve
8 years 6 months ago #278623 by ksuchdeve
Issue with new members registering was created by ksuchdeve
I have recently upgraded my site to the newest version of Joomla (3.4.8) and have Community Builder at the latest version (2.0.13).

I ran all of the checks in the CB Tools section: Check CB Database, Check CB User Fields Database, Check CB Plugins Database, Check Users Database. All of those come back as green and their status is good.

When someone tries to register, it forwards to http://[mysite.com]/affiliates/profile/saveregisters with the fields all filled in with the same values and the Sign Up button at the bottom of the form still available.

When I run the Check Users Database tool again, I get these errors:

Checking Users Database:
All Community Builder comprofiler table rows have links to user table.
Warning: 1 entries in users table without corresponding comprofiler table rows.
users id: 0 are missing in comprofiler table
This one can be fixed using menu Components / Community Builder / tools and then click "Synchronize users".
Warning: 1 entries in users table with id=0.
users id=0 is not allowed.
This one can be fixed using menu Components / Community Builder / tools and then click "Synchronize users".

comprofiler table has no zero id row.
All rows in comprofiler table have user_id columns identical to id columns.

Warning: 1 entries in the users table without corresponding user_usergroup_map table rows.
user id: 0 are missing in user_usergroup_map table This user entry with id 0 should be removed, as it's not allowed.
This one can be fixed by first backing up database then by clicking here.

All ACL user_usergroup_map table rows have corresponding entries in users table.

In my Joomla database, I see that the user that tried to register was inserted into the users table with an id of 0 but no corresponding user is entered into the comprofiler table.

I run the Synchronize Users tool like it suggests and it gives me the following message

Deleted 1 not allowed user id 0 entry.
Joomla User Table and Joomla Community Builder User Table now in sync!

Then I run the user check again and it says everything is okay. Then the same thing happens when someone else tries to register. It just forwards to the saveregisters page and inserts the user into the Joomla users table but not into the comprofiler table.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 6 months ago #278624 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Issue with new members registering
[mod note: moved out of potential bugs area as this seems to be a user usage issue]

Are you using CB Registration and/or CB User Manager to create new users?

Please download and study the CB Primer Book - it sounds like you are using Joomla registration / user creation process instead of CB.

• ksuchdeve
  • ksuchdeve
8 years 6 months ago #278625 by ksuchdeve
Replied by ksuchdeve on topic Issue with new members registering
Thanks for the reply, sorry for posting in the wrong place.

When I made the menu item, I did Menu Item Type -> Community Builder -> Registration Form

I just noticed that there is a note there that says:

This is an optional menu item for accessing Community Builder Registration page. Normally not needed, as you would normally use Community Builder login module for this so it adapts automatically to login state.

So I should just use the CB Login Module instead? And just make the module show up on a blank registration page?

• ksuchdeve
  • ksuchdeve
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #278628 by ksuchdeve
Replied by ksuchdeve on topic Issue with new members registering
Here is an error that is showing up on server error log:

[Tue Mar 01 15:11:34 2016] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant JAUTHENTICATE_STATUS_FAILURE - assumed 'JAUTHENTICATE_STATUS_FAILURE' in <span>/</span>var<span>/</span>www/virtualhosts/[website]/plugins/authentication/email/email.php on line 26, referer: http://[website]/affiliates/profile/saveregisters

Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ksuchdeve.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 6 months ago #278629 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Issue with new members registering

ksuchdeve wrote: Here is an error that is showing up on server error log:

[Tue Mar 01 15:11:34 2016] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant JAUTHENTICATE_STATUS_FAILURE - assumed 'JAUTHENTICATE_STATUS_FAILURE' in <span>/</span>var<span>/</span>www/virtualhosts/[website]/plugins/authentication/email/email.php on line 26, referer: http://[website]/affiliates/profile/saveregisters

No idea.

The plugin -> authentiacation -> email is not standard Joomla - you must have installed something else.

Suggest for CB to download the Primer Book and read it and go through the getting started articles also.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon