Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Updating Portrait

• alphi
  • alphi
8 years 11 months ago #271203 by alphi
Updating Portrait was created by alphi
When updating or editing user profile > update your profile > Portrait > uploading or selecting image from gallery > update there is no uploading but the next screen is Edit your details which asks for a verify password input. After verifying the password the page stalls.

This facility worked well until the last upgrade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Satchi
  • Satchi
8 years 11 months ago #271210 by Satchi
Replied by Satchi on topic Updating Portrait
What version of everything are you running? (Joomla, CB etc.) Any extra programs running along side?

Also, did you go through all your configuration settings - especially the images ones?

thanks,

Satchi

• alphi
  • alphi
8 years 11 months ago #271251 by alphi
Replied by alphi on topic Updating Portrait
Thanks Satchi for your reply

Joomla

PHP Built On Linux accord.host-care.com 2.6.18-502.el5.lve0.8.85 #1 SMP Thu Jun 4 05:31:11 EDT 2015 x86_64
Database Version 5.6.23-log
Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
PHP Version 5.5.29
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.4 Stable [ Ember ] 8-September-2015 21:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0

Community Builder version: 2.0.11

Joomla Events Management 2.1.4 stable

Kunena 4.0.6

uddeIM 3.7

Phoca Gallery 4.2.1

JSN Poweradmin 2.2.7

Image settings as per default

Regards
Alan

• Satchi
  • Satchi
8 years 11 months ago #271316 by Satchi
I just did a reinstall on my test site and didn't have the same issue.

I don't use a couple programs you have, So, I would suggest either disable or remove the extra programs and see if you still have the issue.

It may be a conflict. It may be an issue happened with your upgrade. Did you just install over the old version or do a fresh install of the new?

I can't make this happen, so it may be one of the programs causing an issue. Are you sure they are version compatible?

let us know if it is or isn't one of those programs (Phoca, poweradmin). The only other difference I see between us is the event manager. I recall (in a fuzzy way) that there were some issues with the event system. Maybe do a search on that?

Good luck, don't get frustrated. You can find this.

Satchi

• alphi
  • alphi
8 years 11 months ago #271323 by alphi
Replied by alphi on topic Updating Portrait
Thanks Satchi

I had a faint suspicion it may be a browser issue. I signed on in Firefox, my default browser, and the problem repeated itself. Signed up in Chrome and the image upload worked, signed up in Explorer and it worked also.

Signed up in Firefox again and the upload worked to my surprise. Signed up in Chrome and the upload failed but instead of the 'Edit your details' page as in Firefox the 'Profile' page appeared with a silhouette and a clock face. Signed up in Explorer and the upload worked.

I tried each browser for a third time and all responded and uploaded the image.

A number of times testing this, the image slot on the 'Profile' page had the silhouette and clock face. What is the meaning of this?

• Satchi
  • Satchi
8 years 11 months ago #271341 by Satchi

A number of times testing this, the image slot on the 'Profile' page had the silhouette and clock face. What is the meaning of this?

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean or what caused it. I've never seen what you describe. Perhaps if you posted an image of it, someone else would know.

You have the main problem resolved now or it's an intermittent error?

Satchi

Moderators: beatnantkrileon