Skip to Content Skip to Menu

lot of issues after update/migration

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #267853 by websquirrel
lot of issues after update/migration was created by websquirrel
Hi,
I experience a lot of issues after updating from joomla 1.5 to 3.4.3 and migrating community builder from the old site to the new one.

What I did:

installed a new joomla version 3.4.3 on my local test environment and migrated community builder with sp upgrade component
after that I installed first community builder 191 and upgradet to the latest version (2.0.10) afterwards

The issues:

All 12 lists are migrated, but with wrong Access Levels! All lists had set Access Level to "registered" instead of "public" (which was the original setting on old site). Why wasn't the correct access level migrated? Did you change parameters in new version so that they could not migrated from old to new?

Also all lists have neither set any user groups nor any filter. Only columns settings seem to be correct as I could see at first quick view.

After I edited the missing settings and corrected the wrong ones, the list is shown in frontend but without any visible entry! All lines are blank white in list view, just the titles of the columns are there and the line separators. Though it shows that the list has 227 registered members.

Also when clicking on one of these blank lines, it opens a page with error message: You are not authorized to view this page!

What went wrong? Why am I not authorized to view the user profile pages? By the way: where are the configuration parameters to be set, that handle access to user profile pages?

It seems like a lot of parameters, access levels and view settings are missing or corrupted after migration/upgrading process. How come? Is it the fault of SP Upgrade extension or are there too many conflicts between CB 191 and 2010?

Do you have any solution to migrate/upgrade community builder completely and without any mistakes or errors so that everything works on new site exactly as it is on the old one? I miss a reliable tutorial for upgrading/migrating from old to new versions. I would do it manually if I had a reliable tutorial or manual.

Regards
Michael
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by websquirrel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon