Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Custom Fields in CB Registration Admin Email

• Patriktx
  • Patriktx
  • Add-ons
9 years 6 months ago #260033 by Patriktx
Hello All,
I need to add a custom field in the CB registration form, and have it included in the automated email sent to the administrator I cant understand why this is not part CB

I then found this 1 year old post and tried what was in it but seems not to work. Any way to get this to work with CB 2.0.7 so we can get a registration email with all the info in it?

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/149-usage/220089-custom-fields-in-cb-registration-admin-email#260019

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #260034 by nant

Patriktx wrote: Hello All,
I need to add a custom field in the CB registration form, and have it included in the automated email sent to the administrator I cant understand why this is not part CB

I then found this 1 year old post and tried what was in it but seems not to work. Any way to get this to work with CB 2.0.7 so we can get a registration email with all the info in it?

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/149-usage/220089-custom-fields-in-cb-registration-admin-email#260019

The 1 year old forum thread you found (btw - thanks for searching before you posted) gave instructions for the CB 191 language files.

CB 2.0+ has new language files that you need to install (see download -> Language menu for access) and modify in a similar way.

For the CB 2.0.7 English language plugin you need to make changes to the language.php file.

Specifically to the string:

'UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG' => "A new user has signed up at [SITEURL] and requires approval.\nThis email contains their details\n\nName - [NAME]\nE-mail - [EMAILADDRESS]\nUsername - [USERNAME]\n\n\nPlease do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for informational purposes only.\n",

Just change this to your liking adding cb fields using the substitution [cb_fieldname].
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patriktx

• Patriktx
  • Patriktx
  • Add-ons
9 years 6 months ago #260038 by Patriktx
Replied by Patriktx on topic Custom Fields in CB Registration Admin Email
Thank you Nick that worked perfect!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon