Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto-confirmed user gets superfluous Registration Pending message & e-mail

• XmattX
  • XmattX
9 years 6 months ago #260023 by XmattX
I have CB 1.9.1 running on Joomla 3.3.6 (PHP 5.5.22, MySQL 5.5.31)

- I have 'Account activation for new users' set to 'None' in Joomla.
- I have 'Approval of new users required' and 'Confirmation email required' set to 'No' in CB.

The problem: when I register a user though the Joomla backend he shows up as confirmed and approved in Joomla, unconfirmed and unapproved in CB. When the user tries to login he gets a message about his account requiring activation as well as an e-mail saying the same. However, at that point he becomes activated and approved automatically and is able to log in.

I would like to get rid of the message and e-mail (which seem like a bug, considering my settings?) and have a user be automatically activated and approved in both Joomla and CB on registration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #260025 by nant

XmattX wrote: I have CB 1.9.1 running on Joomla 3.3.6 (PHP 5.5.22, MySQL 5.5.31)

Please consider upgrading to CB 2.0.7.

The problem: when I register a user though the Joomla backend he shows up as confirmed and approved in Joomla, unconfirmed and unapproved in CB.

Of course. If you want to add a user from the backend, then you need to use the CB User Manager and NOT the Joomla manager.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #260026 by nant

• XmattX
  • XmattX
9 years 6 months ago #260031 by XmattX
I would class it as 'absence of feature' rather than 'bad usage'. If I can add a user through the Joomla backend and it appears in CB, shouldn't I be able to expect it to work? (Especially if it does work for some configurations, involving the normal path including activation).

Thanks for the answer, at least I know the current behavior is WAI.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 6 months ago #260032 by nant

XmattX wrote: I would class it as 'absence of feature' rather than 'bad usage'. If I can add a user through the Joomla backend and it appears in CB, shouldn't I be able to expect it to work? (Especially if it does work for some configurations, involving the normal path including activation).

Thanks for the answer, at least I know the current behavior is WAI.

Well, you are free to classify as you want.

The same thing will happen if you use the Joomla registration form instead of the CB Registration process.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon