Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to get rid of CB specific phrases in frontend?

• KatoKalin
  • KatoKalin
  • Add-ons
9 years 6 months ago #259939 by KatoKalin
I have some CB specific phrases that appear in the frontend, for example "CB Moderate User Approvals" or "CB Login".

You can do a google search with "CB Moderate User Approvals" and you can find numerous sites indexed by this term.

In the sources code I can see that these terms are getting used as page titles, however I would like to change that. The question is where? (And obviously I would like to change it for frontend only. Does this come from the langauge string 'CB_MODERATE_USER_APPROVALS' however my impression was, this is a backend language string and should not affect frontpage. Anyway I could not locate a frontend php file where this string shows up. So what do i need to do to change it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KatoKalin
  • KatoKalin
  • Add-ons
9 years 6 months ago #260297 by KatoKalin
So after some closer checking, the issue is a Joomla/CB issue. Basically what I need to do is to create a custom page title for the Joomla CB menu items by using substitution.

It is as follows:

Using CB Auto Action I can crete a new page title on the fly for a users profile page.
However when the access to the profile is restricted when a user is not logged in, this does not work. In this case, Joomla displays the standard Text from the Joomla CB menu item as page title.
However I want it to display "[username} profile page". So I would need to be able to use substition here. How can I get Joomla to display this? I believe at this point there is no CB trigger yet that I could use and substiution in language file probably won´t work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon