Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Link to Profile only for registered

9 years 7 months ago #258894 by JestaBlunt
Link to Profile only for registered was created by JestaBlunt
Hi,

is there a way to change behaviour of the user list, so it is only linked to the profiles for registered users?

or can i edit the error message when accessing user profiles with a public user?

thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 7 months ago #258911 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Link to Profile only for registered

JestaBlunt wrote: Hi,

is there a way to change behaviour of the user list, so it is only linked to the profiles for registered users?

or can i edit the error message when accessing user profiles with a public user?

thx

If I understand your question correctly that you want userlists only to link to profiles when being viewed by registered users my answer is just create 2 different userlists and configure the public one to not link and the registered one to link.

9 years 7 months ago #259045 by JestaBlunt
Replied by JestaBlunt on topic Link to Profile only for registered
hi,

thx for the answer...but: i have a menu with a link to the members list. this could be viewed by anyone. now, if a non registered user clicks on the list, he shouldnt see the details, best thing would be, it is not clickable for unregistered. as it works now, he gets an ugly error message "you are not authorized to view this page". and thats the thing the client doesnt want.

so my first attempt was to make an own menu link for registered users, but then the one for the public still remains, and i couldnt find any hints how to hide a public link and only show the one for registered. with this attempt it would be easy to show the seletive lists to the audience.

my second attempt was to hardcode it, but then i need to learn more about templating for cb, which i cant afford the time now (is on my to-learn-checklist).

9 years 7 months ago #259048 by JestaBlunt
Replied by JestaBlunt on topic Link to Profile only for registered
ok, now i have the solution. i made two list, as you said, made the registered the default one and left the id-field empty in the menu link.

now it seems to fall back to the publick list, which is not linked, if you are unregistered, and as soon as you register, it shows the other list.

i still would like to have more controll over the thing, but for now its good as it works ;) hope this behaviour wont change during future updates.

thx for the help

• nant
  • nant
9 years 7 months ago #259050 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Link to Profile only for registered
You can make 2 different Joomla menus and use the Joomla ACL views to make them appear as you want.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon