Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] How to prevent empty fields from showing up in tabs?

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #242435 by Michael2014
Hello people,

I have created a project list for the members of my website that looks a bit like this:

Year project artist company

Of course people have more than one project:

1_Year 1_project 1_artist 1_company
2_Year 2_project 2_artist 2_company
3_Year 3_project 3_artist 3_company
.(empty for future use)
.(empty for future use)
.(empty for future use)

I created fields for each project and each of the projectinfo, accordingly to the list I have shown above. Very tedious work, but in the end it gets the job done.

Now the projects need to be shown with the most current project at the top of the list.

Of course, with the database setup that I did, i.e. reserved a static array of fields for a maximum defined number of projects but stil having to deal with different numbers of projects for each member, it in the end looks like this:

.(empty for future use)
.(empty for future use)
.(empty for future use)

So, the question is, how can I hide empty fields in a tab?

I´d of course prefer a method that would allow the user more project fields when needed, but atm I´d be happy to know whether I can hide them automatically or not.

It would be a splendid workaround if a user could simply choose the predefined field as being shown or hidden, but an automatic show or hide would of course be very comfortable ;)

Thanks a lot for any input!

Michael
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Michael2014.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #242440 by Michael2014
Sooo ... stupid me ...

There is that neat little option in the configuration that does exactly what I was looking for. I guess in these times of instant gratification and quick setups nobody really reads the documentation anymore, right? Sorry for the waste of forum space :unsure:

But now I have another question, is it possible to have empty fields actually not displayed?!

Since the latest entry in the list needs to be on top of the previous one, a list that contains a fixed number of fields of course will look like this:

*Top of the page*
.(empty field)
.(empty field)
.(empty field)
.(empty field)
.(empty field)
Entry 3
Entry 2
Entry 1

rather than this:

*Top of the page*
Entry 3
Entry 2
Entry 1

Again, any help is appreciated!

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon