Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgrade & Migration

• a1s2d3f4
  • a1s2d3f4
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #239274 by a1s2d3f4
Upgrade & Migration was created by a1s2d3f4
Hello,

I am a 15+ veteran of software development in the Msoft stack but this is my first time with Joomla as I am trying to help a non-profit. They have on their old site Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.8.1. We are not upgrading the site as much as we are migrating it. So we have created a new site in Joomla 2.5 and installed CB 1.9.1.

Now...how to get the data over to the new site. I have looked through the tutorials and the faq's etc. I have seen quite a bit regarding installation but nothing on upgrading / migrating.

I am quite comfortable in Msoft SQL & TSQL. I don't know everything about MySQL but there is enough similarity I haven't had too much trouble.

For example I just migrated all our DTRegister tables content to the new mysql install adjusting for schema changes and all is well there.

So if there isn't a migration tool a developer doc telling me which tables to target would be just fine.

So any direction or pointers would be appreciated.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by a1s2d3f4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aly
  • Aly
  • Add-ons
10 years 7 months ago #240283 by Aly
Replied by Aly on topic Upgrade & Migration
Did you get an answer to this?
I am preparing to migrate my site, as well.
Years ago I used a tool called CB Juice to move members to a new version of my site - and it appears to still be linked here at the CB website: www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory/core-enhancements/user-management/cbjuice

but not sure if it is still the correct solution.

• borja
  • borja
10 years 6 months ago #242216 by borja
Replied by borja on topic Upgrade & Migration
Hello
I´m starting my migration from joomla 1.5 to joomla 3.2. Did you get it? i ´ve got more than 300 users.
I´ve got problems also with the installation of community builder for joomla 3.2. I dón´t know what to do.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon