Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Email Notification

18 years 7 months ago #8109 by spacebass5000
Email Notification was created by spacebass5000
Is there a global setting that allows me to turn on email-notification for received messages?

I noticed that when a user alters their default setting and turns on notification, a database record is created to track the user's config. Knowing this, I have a bad feeling their is no such global mechanism. Prove me wrong!!!

If there is not, can you point me in the right direction to alter this such that I do not go around my ass to get to my elbow?

Regards,

The spaciest of basses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 years 7 months ago #8140 by
Replied by on topic Re:Email Notification
If you have access to your database with phpmyadmin you can change the default value for the notification field "status" in the "uddeim_emn" table to on. I believe that the current default is "0" and on would be "1".

Then run a sql query to change the value for all users with the value set to "0" to "1". Here is the query. If you database prefix is not "jos_" then change it to your prefix in the query.

UPDATE `jos_uddeim_emn` SET `status` = '1' WHERE `status` =0

That did the trick for me.

18 years 7 months ago #8448 by spacebass5000
Replied by spacebass5000 on topic Re:Email Notification
Yeah, I thought of this but one thing to realize is that these database records are not created until a user changes their default settings. Now I have to deal with adding a record upon user registration. :(

• Phleum
  • Phleum
18 years 7 months ago #8483 by Phleum
Replied by Phleum on topic Re:Email Notification
My solution to this problem, though inelegant, was to fill #__uddeim_emn with entries that corresponded with existing users and potential future users. I dumped #__users to get the existing user IDs, added about 4000 more consecutive user IDs, added a column and set the "status" to "2" (notify when offline), and imported the resulting csv into #__uddeim_emn. As new people register, they will already have a user ID in the UddeIM table.

I figure it will buy enough time for someone with a better head for code than me will come up with the approriate solution. The downside of this is it fills up server space that doesn't have to be used. For me, it beats the alternative of manually updating every new user...

If anyone wants it, I can post the script I used to import the csv file into the table. I orginally found it somewhere on mambers or mamboserver, I think. I used excel to manipulate teh csv.

I'm welcome to better suggestions, of course!

18 years 6 months ago #8985 by spacebass5000
Replied by spacebass5000 on topic Re:Email Notification
man, i'm just gonna attach some code to the onAfterUserRegistration event that takes care of this. i'll share it with you after I get it done.

• TVining
  • TVining
16 years 11 months ago #49859 by TVining
Replied by TVining on topic Re:Email Notification
So, xxxx_uddeim_emn only has one record for each user?

OOPS...I imported messages to the main table from JIM. Then I made a corresponding record in emn thinking I had to have a record for each message.

Okay....So do I need to delete all the populace I have in EMN now and let it start from scratch?

TV

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon